NEXT STEP

Spotify premium subscription and payment errors

Spotify premium subscription and payment errors

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

(One Plus 6, Mi Redmi Note 10 pro max, HP Envy x360)

Operating System

(Android, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Since my credit card expired, this month's monthly recurring payment could not go through. Upon updating my payment details to my new card, the payment still would not go through. I get the following message as shown in attachment titled 'spotify1.png'. I have tried with multiple cards and on multiple devices and browsers but still get the same errors. These cards are successfully used for recurring subscriptions for different services globally.

Upon speaking to Spotify support on Twitter, I was advised to buy a new premium plan instead which is now at a higher rate than what I used to be charged. Anyway, even when I buy a new individual premium monthly plan, I get an error message saying I am not eligible for the plan selected. Ref attachment 'Spotify2.png'.

Please guide me on how to resolve this issue. I get reminders from Spotify that my subscription will be cancelled but I cannot make the payment through any means.

spotify2.png
spotify1.PNG
3 Replies

Hey @Akul14,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Please keep in mind that if you were using Premium as part of a special offer or at a discounted price, these are usually available only for new users that have never used Premium before. This could be the reason for the price difference.

We recommend that you reach out to your bank for a confirmation that the cards are indeed functioning properly and have sufficient coverage for international payments enabled. The errors you receive point to similar issues they can help out with.

Afterwards, we recommend trying to activate a new subscription using this page in an incognito browser. That way we can make sure that the cache and cookies stored in the browser are not causing this.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted how it goes.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the response, Mikhail.
The bank conveyed that there are no issues with the international usage of the cards. Anyway, I purchased the premium yearly plan and that was successful.
Cheers.

Hey @Akul14,

Thanks for keeping us on the loop.

We're happy to hear that the issue got resolved for you.

If anything else comes up - the Community is here for you 🙂

Cheers!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts