Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Verification Completed but not showing up?

Student Verification Completed but not showing up?

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 6, Linux Yoga laptop

Operating System

Various

My Question or Issue

I went to the Spotify Student page, entered my school info, and was told my discount was good for a year. But when I go to my profile page, my Premium box (the area on the Account overview) still says I'll be charged 12.99. Additionally, below this, the "Get Premium for Students" box is still there, and says my discount is good for another year. I need to change to the student plan, and have changed to my .edu email address. However, there's no option under "Subscriptions" to edit my subscription, only cancel. I also cannot access Hulu from my account anywhere. How can I get my verification (which seems to have been confirmed) to register with my account billing?

spotify.JPG
1 Reply

Hey there @jojod75,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

After taking a look at the screenshot you've provided, it looks like you subscribed to Spotify through another service, like iTunes.

In that case, you'll need to  cancel your existing subscription with them before signing up for the discounted rate. That would explain why you're having troubles accessing Premium for Students with the Hulu add-on.

No worries though, once your account has reverted back to Free, you'll be able to upgrade and take advantage of the discounted rate.

Keep in mind that you won’t lose any music or account settings by reverting to Free, but you will need to redownload anything you’ve made available for offline listening once you’re back on Premium.

You can also find more info on Premium for Students here.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts