Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student and Hulu subscription

Student and Hulu subscription

I paid for the student premium account and I got veriefied already since yesterday and my account still says I am on the free subscriptions. I saw that there was a pending charge in my bank account ,how can I fix this to have my premium account working??

Plan

Premium

Country-US

Device

(iPhone 7

3 Replies

Hey @Alma01,

Welcome to the community!

If Spotify is unable to verify your student I.D., you won’t be eligible to claim the student discount. In this instance, any charges will show on your statement as ‘pending’, meaning no money has actually been taken.

Once the bank receives the confirmation that your student I.D. failed to verify, the ‘pending’ charge will be refunded. This can take up to 48 hours, depending on your bank. You can reach out to them for more information.

I'd recommend that you try to sign up to the student discount again: https://spotify.com/student

Let me know how it goes! Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for responding,I sent in the documents for proof and I got an email saying that my status had been confirmed and approved ,they said I was ready to receive the offer as a student premium account,but it hasn’t gone through on my account .

Hey @Alma01,

Let's try the following to get your subscription working:

• Check that you're logged into the correct account. It's possible to create multiple Spotify accounts, each with their own login details, saved music, and subscription.

• Go to your subscription page and check that your Premium for Students subscription is active. 

• Log out and back into your account. Occasionally this is necessary to force a sync of info between your device and the Spotify account system.

• Check the status of your payment.  If your Spotify payment is marked as 'pending' on your bank statement, it might not have gone through successfully. For more information, check out payment troubleshooting.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts