Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscription payments

Subscription payments

Premium for students

Italy

Samsung galaxy s7

Android

I've successfully payed (got charged on my bank account) still can't use the app without wifi. I have the receipt of May but it misses the April one.

8 Replies

Hey @Ancielika, and welcome to the community! 

Hope you're doing great!

Sorry to hear this. Could you try a clean reinstall of the Spotify app? If that doesn't help, could you let me know your subscription status here?

Let me know how this goes ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

If I do so I'll delete all my downloads, won't I?

Hey @Ancielika.

Great question! 

All of your saved music on the Spotify app will still be there even when you reinstall the app. Of course, you'll need to redownload the music - but no saved music is deleted from the Spotify app ๐Ÿ™‚

Billy-JSpotify Star

I reinstalled the app but still says the payment was unsuccessful!

Hey @Ancielika.

Thanks for checking! If it says that the payment was unsuccessful - can you send me a screenshot of where it's saying that? Make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the community.

Also, can you let me know where you upgraded to Premium (directly on Spotify.com, or a third party service)?

Billy-JSpotify Star

I upgraded premium (students) directly on spotify

Screenshot_20190530-125021_Chrome.jpg

These are the receipts

20190530_125520.jpg

Hey @Ancielika.

Thanks for the screenshots.

Based on those, it seems like April's charge didn't go through successfully on the regular billing date. When this happens, Spotify will send an email notification, but you won't immediately lose your subscription. Spotify will try to process the payment over the next few days. This explains why you were charged in May instead of the 19th of April. 

Since you're also having issues with the payment for May, I'd recommend following these steps: 

1. Cancel your subscription.
  2. Wait for your account to revert to Free. You can check this on your subscription page.
    Tip: You wonโ€™t lose any music or account settings by reverting to Free, but you will need to redownload anything youโ€™ve made available for offline listening once youโ€™re back on Premium.
  3. Resubscribe to Premium.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts