Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switching from premium family to premium student

Switching from premium family to premium student

Plan

Premium family

My Question or Issue

My partner is currently a member of a premium family plan and the owner of the plan is looking to cancel it. My partner wants to switch to a premium student subscription before the family plan is cancelled. The only way to do this is to cancel their membership of the premium family plan and then sign up to premium student. If they do this, will they lose all of their downloaded music on their device/ their saved artists, songs and playlists? 

1 Reply

Hi @isaacosborn! Welcome to the Community!

As far as your question... Your partner won't lose any data like saved artists, liked songs, and playlists changing the plan from Family to Student one.
Your partner can cancel the current plan and switch to another one without problems, your partner's account will apply this change only when the current plan has been canceled, in other words, the Family Plan stays until the next billing date, then your partner's account switches to the Student plan.
So rest assured, as a Premium user, no one loses the current data at least if the user cleans his downloaded songs, cache, or change to Spotify Free. If you want to read more about canceling a Premium plan, you can read more about this here

Hope this helps! If you have any other additional questions, feel free to reach out to the Community. We're here to help you out.

Take care!

Mateus.

MateusMSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts