Switching to Premium Family

Solved!

Switching to Premium Family

Plan

Premium

Country

US

My Question or Issue

I am thinking about switching from Premium to Premium Family. There is four people in my house and we share a premium account, using separate playlists. Is there anyway to bring our playlist with us to the new account or would we need to start from scratch and make new ones? Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @BConda, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Since you all are sharing a Premium account, they would have to create their own account and transfer their content (which is whatever playlist they want to transfer) from the current account to the new one. They can follow these steps

When you're ready, you can upgrade your Premium Family plan here. There is a great guide here for everything you may need to get started with a Premium Family plan.

If you have any more questions, just reply here and I'll be more than happy to help!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @BConda, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Since you all are sharing a Premium account, they would have to create their own account and transfer their content (which is whatever playlist they want to transfer) from the current account to the new one. They can follow these steps

When you're ready, you can upgrade your Premium Family plan here. There is a great guide here for everything you may need to get started with a Premium Family plan.

If you have any more questions, just reply here and I'll be more than happy to help!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thank you for the quick reply! That completely answers my question. I do have another for you though.
It says we will have to confirm our address when creating the new accounts. Would we need to prove that (e.g., mail with our name and address on it) or just need to type it in to verify?
Thanks again!

Hey @BConda,

You're welcome!

You just need to verify the address by typing it in. Keep in mind that everyone on the plan must reside at the same address as the plan's manager, so the address must match the one the plan's manager has.

There's some more information about verifying the address here.

I'll be here if you have any questions!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts