Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Update / Change Payment Details isn't working

Update / Change Payment Details isn't working

I'm UK based.
I want to change the card for my monthly Spotify charge.
Account Overview > Your Plan > payment details > Update
Takes me to https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/update-payment-details/

I click the top "Credit or debit card" option (the other option is PayPal) and then I get 3 flashing dots below that imply it's loading the payment details input bit, but after 10 minutes, nothing.
I've tried on 4 different browsers, all give the same lack of progress.

Screenshot 2022-11-23 125921.jpg
26 Replies

How hard should users be working to pay money to Spotify? Someone moved my post so it’s showing up as resolved. It’s not. I have tried every single option that anyone has mentioned. I have contacted my bank. Can I bill Spotify for the time I have spent on this?

Hey everyone,

Make sure your card is open for online transactions and you have a 2-factor authentication set up. Note that your payment method must also be issued in the same country as your Spotify account. More info here.

In case the issue persists, we'd recommend trying with another payment method, if available. You can also reach out to the folks over at Customer Support (if you haven't already) who can take a closer look and provide you with more insight on the matter.

The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Take care.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks @yordan for your reply. We've all tried all the things, including contacting Customer Support. Their solution is to tell us to check with our bank, even when we have done that and our cards have all the things you mentioned and are working elsewhere. I hope you have a way to report that customers are working so hard for Spotify. Please report back on how Spotify wants to compensate us for our time. Thanks so much. 

bstaton_0-1707480578218.png

We can't contact customer support via the website. The link is broken to message Customer Support. I'm not getting on X or Facebook just to take care of this. The only accessible option Spotify is giving us is to post here. 

I had to get a new debit card, I am typing everything in correctly, I have even called my bank to verify everything is correct and my account is active but it will not let me update my new card number.

I have a similar problem. I have tried all the highlighted solution. Nothing seems to work

I found that nothing was helping until i direct messaged spotifycares on twitter and just with my email they were able to fix it 

Suggested posts