Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Updated My Payment for Premium But Still On Free

Updated My Payment for Premium But Still On Free

Hi,

Missed a payment for my premium subscription but I have now updated it and I received a confirmation receipt from Apple (not Spotify) a few days ago. 

I want to know why I’m still on Free mode. I have followed the steps (logging in/out, uninstall/reinstall, 2 possible accounts). I found out I have 2 ways to log in, through my email address and Facebook. So I would assume, I’m still on free because I’m logged in via email address and not via Facebook since my receipt was from Apple. So it still makes sense. 

Now knowing my account could be updated if I log in via Facebook, so I tried logging in. Error message 404. Cant log in. Tried to log in via email add and I got in but still on FREE mode. 

How do I access my premium account now? Would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Malou 

2 Replies

Hey @maloudejoya, welcome to the Community!

Try following these steps to see if you can find the account that's Premium. If you're unable to find a Premium account, reach out to Apple to make sure the payment really went through.

You can also try following these steps to see if it helps with seeing your Premium features.

Let us know how it goes.

Hello there, SergioDavid! Thank you for your reply!

Yes I also followed those steps to find my accounts and found out I can log in to Spotify three ways: via Facebook (error message), iTunes and email address. My only successful log in is through my email address.

It’s very strange though that the support staff of Apple / iTunes for some reason tried to “help” me out by going ahead with cancelling my subscription (can you believe?!?) and requested for a refund in my behalf and said that I can subscribe directly with Spotify instead but cannot guarantee if I can access my playlists again. Oh my gosh right.

So what I did was, while panicking, I questioned the unauthorized cancellation. Meantime, I logged in using my email address and just went on ahead and paid for another upgrade. Shortly after, the supervisor of the staff contacted me and persuaded me to resubscribe to Spotify via iTunes but told her I had a successful upgrade directly with Spotify already.

Then I told her that I hope their unauthorized cancellation of my subscription from iTunes will not affect the upgrade I made directly with Spotify.

It’s so complicated, I just hope that my premium subscription will stay on. So, for now it’s resolved.

Thank you so much for your help. I’ll go back to this thread if I encounter any problem again.

Malou

Suggested posts