Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

WE CAN'T PREPAID PREMIUM FAMILY INDIA 6 OR 12 MONTHS ANYMORE

WE CAN'T PREPAID PREMIUM FAMILY INDIA 6 OR 12 MONTHS ANYMORE

Hello, i'm a customer of Spotify for 5 years!

Today, i'm going to the premium family page of Sporify India to prepaid new plan 6 or 12 months but the problems is spotify don't allow me to pay prepaid plan 6 or 12 months family anymore. Now it's only allow to pay 1 or 3 months, that is a problem because me and my family need long time plan like 6 or 12 months, we don't like 1 or 3 month.

After that, anyone can hele me send new link offer to prepaid 6 or 12 months family plan India please? I tried with 5 device, 5 ip and 5 accounts but still stuck!!

Please give me spotify family plan India 6 months or 12 months again or you will lose a lots of customer like me!!!!

19 Replies

Hey @31rqxxmwjtrkvjfbzq76,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Unfortunately, Spotify's pricing, plans and content availability are bound to change over time.

These changes may also be specific to each market around the world, so if you'd like to see the currently available offers in your region, please visit spotify.com/premium/.

I hope this clears things up 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Previously, Spotify in India could prepay 12 months and 6 months of family premiums in one-time payment, but today, when I wanted to prepay 12months of family premium, it was missing. Currently, the maximum time that can be prepaid is 3 months . But individual premium and duo premium are normal.

This is now⬇

Spy318_0-1708075282210.png

This is before⬇

Spy318_1-1708075337118.png

Plan

Family Premium

Country

India

I also have this problem, Because of this change, I will no longer subscribe to spotify premium

Hey @Spy318,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Unfortunately, Spotify's pricing, plans and content availability are bound to change over time.

These changes may also be specific to each market around the world, so if you'd like to see the currently available offers in your region, please visit spotify.com/premium/.

I hope this clears things up 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Bring back Spotify family one year family plan because nobody likes buying for 3 months prepaid.You have to offer for a year and i will not continue next year if there is no spotify family plan one year when i renew next time.

Its sad there is no 1 year prepaid family subscription.If this is a glitch then please fix it orelse bring back Spotify one year family plan .I have 3 family who live as joint family and we are purchasing since 3 years .If not we will be forced to discontinue.

Wow its surprising Spotify is doing this .They just removed family plan 6 months or 1 year prepaid subscription 😂welcome to the community of losing Spotify family clients. Its sad to see my family now cannot renew for another year Spotify family.

I will no longer be subscribing as it is not worth my time. Losing my playlist if I don't remember to subscribe is frustrating, and since I don't believe in auto-renewal, I would rather switch to other platforms.

Yeah, I got the same problem. I wanted to renew my yearly family subscription but I can't find it anywhere. I am now forced to leave spotify as other smaller plans don't work for our big family. And I don't trust autopay enough to go for it. Moreover, paying for three months only is an inconvenience as I like to do away with such things once a year, I cannot be keeping track of it about when is it about to expire or to be renewed. It's a hassle. We go to spotify for the "convenience" of finding good music and good playlists. Removing the yearly plan and having only quarterly subscriptions is simply adding more task to it and taking the convenience away as I will have to add other members each time n other problems.

I tried to search for any email for customer support but couldn't find any. Even this forum wasn't as easy to find.

Kindly mention this issue to the respective authorities and do something about it. I am sure there are more people facing this issue than the ones who have commented here.

Hopefully, looking forward to a quick resolution on the way. Until then, adios Spotify.

Thanks

you can purchase the 3 month plan 4 times and they stack up to 12 months, just that you have to do the transaction 4 times one after the other

Yep, what Kirit said works.

But stacking four x 3 months subscription ends up being expensive!
Old Family Plan used to cost Rs. 2149 for a year.

Stacking four x 3 months subscription costs Rs. 595 x 4 = Rs 2380 per year. This is Rs. 231 more expensive, a 10.74% increase in price!

Yes, the official did this deliberately to increase prices in disguise. 😫

I'm confused about the outrage over the new subscription plan. A monthly auto-renew option for Rs. 179 through Google Pay is actually cheaper than the previous yearly plan. It seems many of the upset users might not be in India or using Google Pay, potentially taking advantage of lower Indian rates.

Simply subscribe to the Monthly Family plan for Rs. 179 and enable autopay. This comes out to Rs. 2148 annually, but you actually get 13 months of service. With autopay, you only need to ensure you have Rs. 179 in your account each month.

They just removed the 3 month pre-paid. They really working against this in order to probably fight against abuse.

Hello, I have been paying for the premium prepay family the three months option but I have noticed it is no longer available it's is only the one month version that is available

Found a loophole. If u still have your premium account, then if u click on your settings and go to accounts and press premium, it gives u the 1 year plan. At least, thats what worked for me

The question would be, did they tell their customers about the change in pricing, plan length, plan options availability etc.? Do we really have to only find out when we want to recharge? At the last and the worst possible moment in some cases?

Suggested posts