Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why can't I upgrade to spotify premium in quebec?

Why can't I upgrade to spotify premium in quebec?

I can't subscribe to spotify premium because it says I'm in quebec but I'm in Ontario?
Top Answer
Vasil

Hey @Mirandole,

We merged your post with this thread, I hope you don't mind.
Could you try the abovementioned links from the previous posts in the thread? Unless any changes have been made, these should still work!
Let us know how it goes :)!

Top Answer
Vasil

@Flow4 @ABSD 
@21tomch2b3n67u2shgc @Pat19831

Hey folks!

Could you let us know if these work for you?

Thanks!

56 Replies

Hey @Mamii5@Rooj_2014 & @Hannah107,

Could you please check if this link for Premium Individual is now working for you?
We'll be on the lookout for your responses 🙂
Thanks!! 

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello Eni, im having the same problem but your link worked ,however it only gave the family plan when i click change plan it goes back to choose between plans and it gives the same error : "Sorry, you are not eligible for that plan. Here are some other ways to get Premium".

if you could please link it again but with the 9.99 plan that probably fix this whole issue because it let me put in my credit card info. 

If it works you just might be my life saver

Hey @JustNia,

Does the same error appear when clicking on the abovementioned link for Individual?
We'll gladly take a further look in case it does 🙂
Thanks!

VasilModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

As a Ux designer, i find it really frustrating when i have the same issue and trying many solutions. Also, it obliges me to create new account for a new music library. So please make your users easy access with their user flows thank you

Plan

Premium/Duo

Country

Québec,Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy S21 5g

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Do you speak french ?

J'essaie de m'abonner à Prenium Duo et ça me dit que je n'ai pas droit à ce service. Pourtant je n'ai jamais eue d'abonnement Prenium. Quelqu'un pourrait m'aider s'il vous plait

This is the result of Spotify's shitty QA department. You guys are probably losing hundreds of thousands of dollars every month and you are not realizing it. It is currently IMPOSSIBLE to sign up for Premium when you are in Quebec on the web unless using a direct link: https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/purchase/offer/full-price-premium/?country=CA . FIX IT!!

@Marie_Unie the link provided is where the problem lies. It's a page for 3 months free premium. But, I'm not eligible for the 3 months free. I just want to purchase single premium. But, t

here's no possibility to simply purchase premium of any sort. What to do? 

I cannot subscribe to a family premium account

Je demeure au Québec après un essai gratuit je tente de m’inscrire Duo premium impossible

this is craaaazy how can I not purchase an account?
The links in this thread also don't work, the card info just doesn't go through

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies.

If you're unable to activate a Family/Duo subscription in Quebec with one of the proposed links, could you try using an incognito window of your browser, different internet connection and a different device?

Here are the links once again:

Let us know if you're still experiencing issues with the activation afterwards,

Cheers!

DianModerator

This one finally worked for me! All the other links above just bumped me right back to the free trial page, which doesn't work. Thanks!

Hey! Don’t follow their link because it will just bring you back to the plan offers, which automatically include the 1 month free trial period (which isn’t available in Qc). Just go on the web version of spotify, click on the menu bar, click on "account" and it should redirect you to your account overview, but at the top of the page there’s the "go premium" button, click on it and it will automatically want to bill you without the trial month. Then put in your card info and voila you’re all set 🙂

Salut!

Moi aussi je suis au Québec et j'aimerais obtenir un abonnement premium Duo, mais malheureusement, cela ne fonctionne pas quand j'essaye en raison des 30 jours gratuit qui ne sont pas disponible dans cette province. Est-il possible pour vous de me donner lien valide sans les 30 jours gratuit pour que je puisse m'inscrire au premium Duo s'il-vous-plait?!

Hey @jijifan11

Thanks for getting in touch about this. Hope you don't mind a reply in English, as it is the official language of the Community 🙂

Just to confirm, have you already tried following the steps @Dian and @andaliouse sent previously? 

If so and you still can't subscribe, could you send us a screenshot of the error message you're getting? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

hello 

i have the same problem. The link you sent still only offers the plans with first month free for which i am not eligible. 

J’ai essayé à plusieurs reprise de m’abonner a un forfait solo à 9,99$ et je ne suis non admissible et à toute les autres forfaits sauf étudiants. Et je ne suis pas étudiante alors je ne peux pas non plus m’abonner à se forfait.

I wan't to know how I can subscribe if I'm a Quebec resident because when I try, it says that I can't subscribe because the promotion doesn't apply in Quebec.

Thanks for your help

Hi,

I am single. I want the individual account, but Spotify doesn't allow me to choose that plan.

Why Spotify pushes me to choose a Duo or Family plan???

I live in Quebec and I have NOT tried the individual plan before, so I dont understand why Spotify doesn't allow me to choose the Individual plan.

May I know why is this happening?

Why Spotify is not allowing me to choose the individual plan?

Thank you

I'm in Quebec and the solution I found is to connect to a USA VPN to listen to Spotify without interruption, on desktop browser or phone - I use Mozilla VPN or Mullvad, they have a good service and are affordable.

Ublock Origin extension also helps 😉

Suggested posts