Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why can't I upgrade to spotify premium in quebec?

Why can't I upgrade to spotify premium in quebec?

I can't subscribe to spotify premium because it says I'm in quebec but I'm in Ontario?
Top Answer
Vasil

Hey @Mirandole,

We merged your post with this thread, I hope you don't mind.
Could you try the abovementioned links from the previous posts in the thread? Unless any changes have been made, these should still work!
Let us know how it goes :)!

Top Answer
Vasil

@Flow4 @ABSD 
@21tomch2b3n67u2shgc @Pat19831

Hey folks!

Could you let us know if these work for you?

Thanks!

56 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Can you try it using a desktop PC (preferably connected to the internet via a LAN cable)?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

You should be able to subscribe to Premium here. On another note it's not possible for residents of Quebec, Canada to purchase products with a price that changes over time, for an example Student - Quebec Universities are excluded from verification list, Intro offers & Winback - e.g. Summer Campaign and trials due to local laws.

We hope that we shed some light to this.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else or if you have further questions.

Have a great continued Friday and a wonderful start of your weekend 🙂

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi! 

Similarly, I cannot subscribe to Spotify premium because I am located in Québec. I tried to subscribe to all the plans available but none of them work. Every time, I get this message: "Sorry, you are not eligible for that plan. Here are some other ways to get Premium". I am a student at UBC in Vancouver and I was able to verify my student status. However, even if I am trying to subscribe to the individual plan, it is not working! 

Thanks for you help! 

Hey @kibe217,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

It may be so, that you're trying to activate a trial offer, which is not possible in your region due to local laws. The Student subscription is also not available, but you can get a regular Premium Individual subscription.

You can check out this thread for more info on that.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello, 

I have the same problem, honestly I just want to pay and have access to Spotify Premium but because I live in Québec it is not possible. Is there another way to get access to Premium ??? I am desperated, thank you.

Hey @Marie_Unnie ,

If you'd like to upgrade to regular Premium without the 30-day trial, I'd suggest heading here. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello Maxim,

Could you provide the same link for Spotify Premium without the free trial but for the Family Plan ? 

Thank you very much

Hey @Pat19831

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Just to confirm, is your account registered in Canada? If so, could you try again from an incognito window here?

If you're still getting the same error message, we suggest that you reach out directly to our Support team through any of these channels so they can take a closer look at your account and help you checking what can be happening.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello,

Can someone provide the same link for Spotify Premium without the free trial but for the Duo ? 

Thank you very much

Hi there @21tomch2b3n67u2shgc,

Thanks for the post.

Here is what you can do:

1. Sing up for Premium Individual without trial from here.
  2. After you've signed up for Individual, you can go on your account page and hit Available plans on the left.
  3. From there you can choose Premium Duo and change plans. That's it.

I understand that this is a bit more convoluted than a regular sign-up. After you switch plans, your next billing date will come a bit sooner than 30 days, as the system accounts for the price difference between the plans. 

Our folks at Spotify are aware of this inconvenience and are working on a permanent fix, however we can't say for sure when it will be implemented.

Hope this helps you 🙂

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Bonjour, je souhaiterai prendre premium également sans l'offre mais le lien ci-dessus ne fonctionne pas, il me reconduit directement vers l'offre ?

Hey @ABSD,

Thanks for posting in the Community! We hope you don't mind us answering in English as this is the official language of the forum.

Can you let us know if you're receiving an error message when you try to open the link? If that's the case please attach a screenshot so we can get a better understanding.

The link mentioned by @Alex is supposed to take you to the page where you can pick your Premium plan. You'll see our Premium Offers there and you can subscribe to the one that you like most.|

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

LyubkaModerator

Hi, the link does not work for me either. I'm in Quebec and I'm trying to get the Individual Premium plan. It says  'Sorry, you are not eligible for that plan. Here are some other ways to get Premium' and even when I am able to get to the payment step, once I write in my information it says 'The payment failed. Please try again, use a different payment card or a different payment method". The link just sends me to the current plans you guys offer with the free trials. 

I tried doing everything in an incognito window and it still won't work. 

@Flow4 @ABSD 
@21tomch2b3n67u2shgc @Pat19831

Hey folks!

Could you let us know if these work for you?

Thanks!

VasilModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The Individual plan worked for me 🙂 Thanks so much for the quick response! 

I live in Quebec and want to upgrade to a Premium plan, but there seems to be none avaiiable in Quebec. Is it possible for a Quebecer to get a Premium plan?

The link dont works. Please advice!

I have the same problem, im from Quebec and it keeps saying im not eligible, I tried the private window, chrome, on my phone, I tried downloading Spotify on my computer, I tried "change plan" on my profile,  I tried everything and I cannot get and individual plan. I dont know what to do anymore, please help. 

Suggested posts