Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is it so difficult to contact support?

Why is it so difficult to contact support?

I keep running into a technical issue with Spotify (which I'll start a separate thread for), but I'm getting frustrated with how difficult is is to open a support ticket with Spotify.

I want to think that I'm a reasonably aware and savvy person, but I've just spent 5-10 minutes going in circles trying to find how to actually contact Spotify.

You would think that the answer would be on the contact page at https://support.spotify.com/ca-en/article/how-can-i-contact-spotify/ but unless I'm blind, I don't see how.

Anyone?

5 Replies

Hey there @FrostyOfTheNort

Sorry to hear that you feel that way, Spotify is extremely busy with requests and tickets due to COVID-19 which has impacted their response times and therefore they are trying to help users find the fastest information as soon as they possibly can without needing to log a ticket so I think that's why the option isn't visible however I've tried a different link and all the options are displaying

You can reach out through Spotify's Social Media channels which is outlined on that page or you can use this link - Option 3 on that page to get through to the Chat/Email team if they are busy who are able to log a case their side. I'll make sure your feedback is passed across to the right folks for future improvements.

All the best,

This sucks! You guys have ALWAYS make it impossible to contact you regardless of the pandemic.

Thanks for replying.

So the answer to the question of how to contact Spotify technical support is to use the About Us page rather than the Contact Us page?

That doesn't make any sense.  To me that communicates that Spotify doesn't want to be bothered with supporting users.  Make it simple, make it easy, and I'll continue being a fan of Spotify who recommends the service to everyone.

I've already checked the Spotify website, community forums, Googled for the issue, and tried all the troubleshooting steps that I can think of.

Now I want to directly ask the question to Spotify support.  Why make that so difficult to find?

Unfortunately this is currently how the support site is laid out and we have no influence this as we are not staff.

That support page does outline how to reach out on Social Media the one you’ve already linked in your original message and this is one of the quickest ways to get your answers to your questions however I can appreciate that you may not have twitter but rest assured all feedback on the forums is reviewed by the internal support team who design the support layout and I’m sure they’ll take these points on board.

Right.  I don't want to use a third-party service (e.g. Twitter or other social media channels) to reach support.

I want to directly (support ticket system, email, live chat, phone, whatever) contact support for the service I'm paying for.  Off the top of my head I can't think of any other service that I pay for that makes it so difficult to reach support -- so I don't think this asking too much.

Again, thanks for your reply.  I do hope that the decision-makers at Spotify listen to this feedback and act on it. 

Suggested posts