Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

changing billing date

Solved!

changing billing date

I've read on here that changing the billing date is done by cancelling your subscription, waiting for the account to change to a free account and then restarting your subscription on the day you want to be billed. 

This is a pretty insane way of setting the billing date! 

Anyway what I wanted to know is how long my account is likely to be out of action for if I change it to a free account.  I don't think it is going to be much use to me when it is playing adverts and random track order.

My billing date at the moment is 15th and I want to change it to 1st.  When is the best time to cancel my account if I want to have the free account for the shortest possible time? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @tino1,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Currently this is the only way to change your billing date.

You should cancel your Premium subscription any time before the 15th. Your account will remain on Premium until the 15th, after that it will switch to the free service. You'd have to wait until the 1st of the next month before you re-subscribe to Premium.

I know this is not the most convenient way to change your billing date for a service, but the Premium subscription is a form of a contract, which doesn't allow for the manual selection of a billing date, so it needs to be cancelled and signed again in order to achieve this.

Note that all your Songs, Playlists, Artists etc. will remain intact when your account switches subscription plans.

The Community's here if you have more questions 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @tino1, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Sorry to hear that - I'll pass your feedback onto the right folks. 

I'd recommend waiting until the 15th (cancel now and wait for the account to revert to Free on the 15th). After that, you would be using the Free plan for about 15 days and you can restart your Premium subscription on the 1st (or whenever date you'd like). That will then be your new billing date.

That's the way to get the shortest amount of time being on the Free plan.

You can cancel your subscription, and manage your account here. There is more info on changing your billing date here

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hey @tino1,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Currently this is the only way to change your billing date.

You should cancel your Premium subscription any time before the 15th. Your account will remain on Premium until the 15th, after that it will switch to the free service. You'd have to wait until the 1st of the next month before you re-subscribe to Premium.

I know this is not the most convenient way to change your billing date for a service, but the Premium subscription is a form of a contract, which doesn't allow for the manual selection of a billing date, so it needs to be cancelled and signed again in order to achieve this.

Note that all your Songs, Playlists, Artists etc. will remain intact when your account switches subscription plans.

The Community's here if you have more questions 🙂

AlexModerator

Does anybody know what will happen to the other users on my premium family account when I turn off the subscription?  I have two other family members on the account.  What will happen to all our playlists and history on the application?  Will it all reappear when I restart the subscription? 

Hi @tino1,

Thank you for your reply.

Your music library is something totally independent from your subscription. That means it will stay exactly as it is, even if your subscription is canceled or reverted to free.

The same applies to the accounts of the other users on your group plan.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

MafeGModerator

Subscribed to family premium again and it has deleted all the family members.  Maybe I'll have to wait for a while and they'll reappear but at the moment it's looking**bleep**. 

Hi @tino1,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case you need to invite them to your Family plan again. You can find instructions on how to do that here 🙂

Let us know how it goes.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts