Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

losing music and cancelled subscription

losing music and cancelled subscription

my husband decided to be a smart **bleep** and cancel my daughter's family subscription to spotify that she had on her ipod.  she just came in crying and said she lost over 800 songs.  if i sign her up for a student premium account, is there any way of getting that music back she lost or does she have to start over?  she is horribly upset right now.

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Your daughter should still have access to her account, even if it isn't Premium. If you pay for Premium on her account, she can re-download her songs without an issue.

Please let me know if you need further help or have any questions 🙂

her account was set up on his family plan but i never used it, it was just the 2 of them.  he used his android phone to set the acct up.  i have computers and a smartphone as well, but have never used spotify and do not have a clue how to set it up for her.  yes they were on premium family.  she is a student, so i can get it cheaper for her, but i do not know the steps to take to get it set up for her, and how do i help her find and reload her music when it was set up under his information on his phone?

@user-removed,

Either your daughter or your husband should know the username and password to your daughter's account (it would be a separate account from your husband's). Once you're logged in on her account, you can go here to start a Student Subscription: http://spotify.com/student/

Suggested posts