Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

premium trial doesn't work

premium trial doesn't work

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

My question: I have been paying for premium spotify for one year . The code has been redeemed, but spotify does not "become" premium and the receipts do not show the payment, while on my payment method the payment is made

4 Replies

Hey @Dianadaniela, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

To confirm, you redeemed a gift card and you're unable to use your Premium features? Or did you subscribe to a trial offer but are unable to use your Premium features? 

Once I get some more info I'll be glad to help further.

Looking out for your reply!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi... yes, I redeemed a gift card and I’m unable to use my Premium features

Hey @Dianadaniela

Thanks for the reply!

Could you let me know what your subscription status says here? If it says Free, follow these steps and attach a screenshot of your Receipts page. Make sure to hide sensitive information when you’re posting to the Community.

If it says Premium, try logging out > restart device > log back in in the Spotify app and let me know if you’re able to use your Premium features, such as no ads, unlimited skips.

You can also follow the steps provided in this support article and let me know if they make a difference.

Let me know how this goes.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This sounds familiar. I tried to redeem gift cards early last year, and they did everything they could to not honor them. I understand, people steal the codes and whatever, somehow, but these were un-scratched.

Eventually got them redeemed, but it took HOURS. I mean three or four HOURS. Eventually getting someone on the phone... you get the idea. They gave me some free time, but hard for something we PAID for.

That said, try fully closing the app, reboot your computer, start it up again. Perhaps re-install, sign-in again. 

But hold them  accountable. Keep after them. 

Suggested posts