Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Something went wrong" when trying to activate premium free trial

"Something went wrong" when trying to activate premium free trial

Hi there,

I am trying to activate a free 3-month trial of Premium. Country = Canada, current plan = free. I am using an iPhone 7.

I have filled in all the relevant payment information (tried multiple cards - all active) on both my iPhone and my desktop, and keeping getting a notification "something went wrong. please try again or contact support". See attached image. All cards are active. We have tried an incognito browser, Chrome, and Safari with the same result. Please advise on how to activate this free trial of premium.

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 6.54.15 PM.png
1 Reply

I was having the same problem and tonight I ended up contacting Spotify's support directly here (under the Customer Service and Support section, click "Contact Us"). I started a chat with a chat bot which then transferred me to an agent. After we went through the troubleshooting and it still didn't work, I was transferred to a more specialized agent.

I think they were able to help me, I won't know for sure until I receive an email from them tomorrow, but they said that it will work after I receive a confirmation email from them.

I would recommend contacting them directly if you're still having the issue, they may be able to help. Good luck!

Suggested posts