Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

re trying to get premium radio

re trying to get premium radio

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(lap top

Operating System

(windows ten

My Question or Issue

27 Replies

Hey there,

Is there anything I can help out with?

If so, can you let me know a little more about what’s happening exactly? I’d love to see what I can suggest.

Thanks 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

hello I paid for the .99 for three months of spotify on my phone  but it will not work on my lap top because I still get ads on it . So how do I get premium on=m my lap top? I paid through  pay pal . Thank you  Isabel

I'd recommend checking out this support article: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/payment_help/i-pay-for-premium-why-am-i-on-free/. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Hello I have tried that and even going to my pay pal which says I paid the 99 for three  months and then it goes to 9.99. I have even signed out of my spotify on  my phone to see if that helps, but it does not., where else can I I get help with this issue not that I do not appreciate your help , but I am getting a little frustrated.

Hey @chappie20

I would suggest reinstalling Spotify on your laptop, maybe it's acting up a bit.

Check out this article on how to reinstall!

Note: If you're on a Windows operating system (and you have a non-Windows Store app), it might be helpful to delete all Spotify files before reinstalling. All you have to do is this:

After uninstalling Spotify go to %appdata%. Delete all Spotify folders in Local and Roaming. Then restart your laptop and reinstall.

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

I will try it for sure and let you know thank you

hello did what you said still no premium.

@chappie20

That's kind of strange!

If you're logging in with your email, try logging in with the username (marked on your Spotify receipt) instead, and the other way around.

Another thing I would try is restarting the router to clean out any network issues. 🙂

Keep me posted!

SebastySpotify Star

Hi it's me  the only invoice I got is in my pay pal not from spotify and their  is no user name on it. and I paid for it in may like I said it worked with no ads on my cell phone.  

@chappie20

I would recommend checking your Paypal receipt/account to verify the payment was successful (not pending). With successful payment Spotify sends a receipt on your email as well which contains your username among other details. You should also see your Spotify receipts in here.

Note: if you have used your Paypal for paying for Spotify Premium before this offer, then you are no longer eligible for the 0.99 offer.

Did you try out logging in with your email instead of username / username instead of email / email without the @mailservice dot com part, or Facebook (if you have that connected)?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

what is weird  is when I goand try to upgrade it goes through all the things  and I agree and pay but it sends me back the page to get premium and when I did the 99 for three months it was in May. So I am totally confused also in pay pal it gives me a transaction number .

@chappie20

I do agree it's confusing, but don't worry!

This Premium 3-month trial is only available to those who have never paid for Premium before. So when you're trying to resubscribe to this particular offer, it won't succeed anymore.

If you'd like to subscribe, I recommend signing up for the full price Premium. 🙂

Note: you can see your subscription status on your Spotify account. Log in to see this information!

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

the  only time I paid was last month when I got it on my phone. when I go  to the full  paid premium  it takes me right back to the .99 page lol I am totally stumped have no clue as to what I am doing wrong. May was my first time apply to get premium. 

@chappie20

That sound pretty odd!

I'd suggest clearing your browser's cookies and cache to see if you can access the full-paid Premium offer. Check out this Lifewire article on how to delete them in major browsers.

Note: this article shows how to delete cache only. You'll need to select the box for cookies as well.

You can also try accessing the offer though incognito mode.

Also, could you tell me what does your subscription status say when you go to your Spotify account?

Let me know how it goes. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Hello it is me again did it all and still no luck in my subcription it takes me to the 99 for three months  it is good till june 30, what I do not get is if I had no ads on my cell why is it not working on my lap top ?????? sorry for all of this I am guessing it my be frustrating for you as well. lol Isabel

@chappie20

It does sound weird indeed!

It looks like you might have multiple Spotify accounts  (one has Premium, one does not). I suggest following the steps in this article to find out if you have multiple accounts!

What kind of mobile do you have? If it's an Android, you can find your Spotify username from the device's cache. 🙂

Keep me posted!

SebastySpotify Star

Ihave spotify on my samsung and one on my lap top thats it.it does not show me how many accounts I have I have used the same email and password for both sign in's  how can I cancel the one on my phone to see if it will work on my lap top?????

@chappie20

The cache will show the username of the account you logged into on the particular device. If they match on both mobile and desktop, then you have one account. The app itself will not show how many accounts you've used there, you need to follow the steps in the aforementioned article to find it out.

Please try logging into your profile with the same email and password and let me know your subscription status (does it say Free or Premium). It's very useful information! 🙂

Looking forward to hearing from you!

SebastySpotify Star

Hello again when I go to my account it the 99 for 3 months pos up and It say's I have the free version and I can try to get the premium. I signed out of the one on my cell . Hope this helps I will be so **bleep** if it was just something so simple lol my Nortons has it to accept so that is not stopping it. I really really appreciate all your help with this. Isabel

Suggested posts