Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify free acting like premium

Solved!

spotify free acting like premium

hi so i use spotify free but today when i opened the app i could use the prenium features (turning off shuffle mode, i could loop a song or skip freely etc). i also had a pop up saying i can now use premium features for two weeks.

i never got premium or a free trial, i also never gave any payment information.

is this safe? should i be worried?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jane_lane13 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Spotify does promotional offers like this from time to time 🙂 As long as you haven't entered any payment info, your Premium will expire in around two weeks.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @jane_lane13 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Spotify does promotional offers like this from time to time 🙂 As long as you haven't entered any payment info, your Premium will expire in around two weeks.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star

Thank you!

Hey @jane_lane13,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community!

Yes, this is perfectly safe and you shouldn't be worried at all! If you've received the in-app pop up (on your mobile) which informs you, this means we have started a 14-days trial for you, so you can familiarize with the on-demand listening features of Premium. This is free of any charges, and since no payment details have been provided, you will be automatically reverted back on the free services, after the period has passed. So just go ahead and enjoy them 🙂

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.  

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So, does that mean it won't force me to pay or anything? Because I also have this issue and I do not want to pay for something I did not buy. 

Hey @CrippledPerson,

To ensure that we can offer you the best help that we can, could you please create your own thread? Doing so is easy. Simply select the appropriate board here, and then select “Start a Topic.”

Thank you very much!

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts