Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[subscription] permanent payment issue (nubank, Itau)

[subscription] permanent payment issue (nubank, Itau)

I'm based in Brazil and have a premium plan for a few years now.

This Wednesday 07/20, day of subscription payment, I've been notified by Spotify that I was not part of a premium plan anymore for alleged payment issues as shown below.

Você não faz mais parte do Spotify New Family

Infelizmente, não conseguimos processar seu pagamento do Spotify New Family, então suspendemos sua assinatura. Isso significa que sua conta do Spotify mudou para a versão gratuita. Você ouvirá anúncios, não poderá curtir suas playlists no modo offline e não conseguirá escolher o que quer ouvir.

Issue is that my credit card is working perfectly fine until today and I have _not_ received any error from my nubank account about any transaction from Spotify.

I tried now to subscribe again with 3 different cards (credit & debit) from 2 different banks (nubank & Itau) and Spotify simply returns to me there is an error with the payment.

"Houve uma falha no pagamento. Tente de novo. Se quiser, você pode usar outro cartão ou uma forma de pagamento diferente. Entre em contato com o suporte."

I would appreciate any help. I'm definitely using a lot Spotify and this experience is not a great one to say the least.

BTW,

* none of the links in these payment issue messages (email & payment update) are working. 

* when presented to update my payment, Spotify offers me to subscribe to personal plan instead of family plan that I had subscribed to.

Definitely not helping in any way to get back to good state.

3 Replies

Hey @1269072965,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

Make sure your payment method has sufficient funds, and is:

• Registered in the same country to your Spotify account.
  • Not expired or canceled.
  • Enabled for foreign, secure online, and recurring purchases.
  • Opted into e-commerce and cross border payments.

If your payment methods meet these requirements, but the issue persists, try this:

• Try entering your payment details again using a private/incognito window.
  • Get in touch with your payment provider, so they can check if everything is in order.

It might just be a temporary connection issue, so we advise you to wait at least 24 hours since your last attempt to try again as well. You can also contact our Customer Support team so they can check your Spotify account. You can find how to contact them here.

On another note, take into account you can subscribe again from your account page here. You can select the correct plan from there.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Repeating myself, I tried with 2 different banks, with credit and debit modes, in the correct country, and with way more than enough funds and a stellar internet connection. Plus, Nubank is a digital bank for which I would receive a notification on my mobile if any issue of any sort on _their_ side.

FYI, I also had to select another plan because Spotify is dumb enough to present me by default the "personal plan" iso "family plan" I've been on for years ...

Last but not least, I have absolutely no payment troubles with Amazon, Netflix, Apple, Adobe & other subscriptions ...

The issue is on Spotify side and I'm really **bleep** that on the _same day_ of the payment, Spotify just stopped considering me premium and I'm now stuck with no option to use Spotify anymore!

Hey @1269072965,

This does seem like an issue on our side.
As we do not have access to your accounts from the Community though, would you mind reaching out to the Support folks in order to check if there are indeed any issues with your account on our end :?
We'd greatly appreciate that before we jump to any conclusions 🙂

We'll be on the lookout for your response.
Thanks!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts