Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A liked song is not liked in artist's page

Solved!

A liked song is not liked in artist's page

Plan

Premium

Device

PC

Operating System

Latest Windows 10

My Question or Issue

A have multiple songs in my Library marked as liked, but when I go to the artist's page none of them is marked as such. I made sure with artists with only 10 songs to make sure there isn't a different version of the same song - but the issue persists.

This is a problem because when I revisit those artist's pages I don't know which songs I already liked and which I didn't.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @alonmln,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

What you're experiencing can happen when an album or song gets reuploaded by the distributors. If they have different metadata or URIs, the app will check backstage to link to the accurate track, but it will currently miss to transfer the liked status to the newer version.

We've provided guidelines to distributors of what they can do to keep tracks fully in sync and basically overwrite old versions, but we know this is something that occurs. For now we suggest that you unlike the "old" track in the liked songs or saved album and replace it with the new one.

We'll keep working on improving this experience moving forward and advise that you keep the app up to date with the latest version so that you don't miss out on any fixes.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @alonmln,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

What you're experiencing can happen when an album or song gets reuploaded by the distributors. If they have different metadata or URIs, the app will check backstage to link to the accurate track, but it will currently miss to transfer the liked status to the newer version.

We've provided guidelines to distributors of what they can do to keep tracks fully in sync and basically overwrite old versions, but we know this is something that occurs. For now we suggest that you unlike the "old" track in the liked songs or saved album and replace it with the new one.

We'll keep working on improving this experience moving forward and advise that you keep the app up to date with the latest version so that you don't miss out on any fixes.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

While I'm not satisfied with not having a solution, I am relieved to know it's a known issue. Thank you

Hey @alonmln,

Thank you for your post and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and  constantly aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

Once again - Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts