Add Album to a Playlist gone

Is the ability to add whole Albums to a Playlist gone?

It disappeared a few years ago but was reintroduced, so what is it this time?

Plan

Premium

Device

Pixel 6

Operating System

Android 12L

My Question or Issue

9 Replies

Yordan

Hi @user-removed!

You can still add a whole album to a playlist, just open the album, tap on the three dots > Add to playlist. This would add all tracks from that album to the desired playlist.

Hope this clears things up. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Well if it was so easy, but I dont have that options anymore. I attached some screenshots. I dont bother to suggest fresh install, I already tried

Screenshot_20220508-171324.png
Screenshot_20220508-171313.png

Kiril

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for your reply and info.

This looks odd indeed, but it's great that you've already tried to troubleshoot the situation yourself. Does this happen for all albums or just on a specific one? If the later, then could you please send us a link to it, so we can take a closer look. Additionally, we can suggest to log out and then to log back in, in the app twice in a row, as this triggers a refresh between the app and your account and may help to resolve any possible cache-related issues. See if this will shake things up, and make the feature appear as expected.

If the above doesn't do the trick for you, then please share with us the exact Spotify version you're running at the moment, so we can advise you better.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator

Reinstalled several times. Tried older apks via Apkmirror. Same Problem with all albums. Currently on version 8.7.28.1217

Oh damn....I am not on premium anymore, so thats the problem. 🫣

Is Addding Album to Playlist really a Premium Feature?

Oh damn Im not Premium anymore. So is Adding Album to Playlist only available for Premium Subscription?

Dian

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for the reply.

The option to add an album to a playlist is currently available only for accounts with a Premium subscription.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

tazshedevil57

I’m a premium account holder and I don’t have the option of adding a whole album to a selected play list.  My option is to download only.

OscarDC

Hey @tazshedevil57,

Thank you for keeping in contact. 

To add the whole album to a playlist, depending on the device the process may vary. In the desktop app, you need to select the album, click on the 3-dot menu, select the option Add to playlist, select the folder (if needed) and look for the playlist you want to add them as shown below.

OscarDC_0-1662852190965.png

This process can also be done on the mobile app by selecting the 3-dot menu on the albums page, and selecting the same route mentioned before. 

In case you don't have this option available, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble and making sure the app is up to date.

If the issue persists, include in your next response a screenshot where we can see the missing option. Also, the OS version of the affected device and the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating your case.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator

Suggested posts