Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to share to Facebook - "this content is not available right now"

Unable to share to Facebook - "this content is not available right now"

Good morning everyone! I'm having a bit of an issue sharing Spotify content to Facebook. When I try to share a song using the Facebook Feed option in the Spotify app or by copying the link & pasting into a Facebook status, the song doesn't show up properly. Instead, the error message "this content is not currently available" appears instead. 

I've tried logging out/logging back in to both apps, updating both apps, restarting my phone, etc. but nothing seems to work. I can share just fine on other social apps (Discord, for example, works well) but not Facebook. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 14 Pro

Operating System

iOS 16.6.1

15 Replies

Same here very frustrating 

Hi folks,

Thanks for the posts.

Can you let us know when this started happening and if it's happening with all songs and podcast episodes, or just certain ones?

We'll do our best to help out and get to the bottom of this.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issue. It's  been going on for a couple of weeks.

It's been happening for a week or two on my end. I haven't attempted to share any podcast episodes, but it's definitely affecting all songs.  

Same here! Been that way for the last few weeks or so.

Same here. Songs posted to Facebook feed give this error. 

Same!! F*cking fix this @**bleep** frustrating for independent artists. 

Smae issue here, getting annoying now , could this be a universal bug across fb? 

Hey folks,

We'd like to report this to the relevant team, Can you please share the following details:

• Your device model, OS version, and Spotify version.
  • The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.

Thanks!

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same here. Been like this for a couple of weeks now. Same thing on all devises. Mobile, pc, and tablet. I even tried through the app as well as 3 different browsers. You shouldn't be asking your paying customers to troubleshot for you. That's your job Spotify.   

Samsung A53 5g, android v13, spotify v 8.8.66.565. I have cleared cache and
reinstalled the application.

I've listed my device specifications in my initial post, and I am using Spotify version 8.8.6 9. 646. (Word filter will not allow me to write the third number without the space.) Here are the troubleshooting steps I've tried:

Updating Spotify & Facebook apps

Logging out & logging back into Spotify & Facebook

Changing privacy settings on Spotify & Facebook

Restarting phone

Clearing cache

Are you using a VPN by chance? I just disabled mine, and I was able to share to my feed like before. I'm just not sure if it was a fluke. Tried with the next song, and got the same error as before.  

Possible solution everyone. Try disabling your vpns on the device you're using Spotify on. I just did that and it worked like normal again. 

No VPN here. I've also used multiple Wi-Fi networks as well as mobile data, but none are successful.

Suggested posts