Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

MACBOOK AIR

Operating System

My Question or Issue

When I try and add songs from one playlist to another it adds all the duplicates instead of asking me whether I want to or not. How do I get it to ask me if I want to add the duplicates like it used to? Or do I now just have to manually go in and delete all the duplicates? It only ask me when I have add one song, but when I add multiple or a whole playlist it just adds them. 

8 Replies

Hi there @Caysielynn,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

The duplicate warning should still appear when adding songs that are already in a playlist. Keep in mind that if it's a different version of a song, like a remix or extended version, etc., the warning won't appear as those aren't the exact same songs.

If you're not seeing the duplicate warning, try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in. If it persists, it's worth running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I tried all of this (restart phone, delete and redownload app, log out and in) and it won’t let me add same song to a playlist anymore!

Hi there @ealamonica,

Thanks for the post.

Is this happening only on Mobile for your or also on the Desktop app and Web player? Please let us know what device+OS you're using and what is the current version of your Spotify app.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've been adding songs to my playlists recently, but then I realized that I already added the same song weeks earlier. When something like this would happen, Spotify would give me the option to either add it, or to not add it. I thought it was just something on my fault, but I tried to add duplicate songs, and the dialogue that would normally appear didn't.

I'm having this issue as well. I used to be able to add duplicate songs to a playlist and now it is not giving me that option since there is already a "check mark" that it was already added to the playlist. Please help or bring back this option to spotify. It just recently changed. 

Hey @joelinenavarro,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Would you mind elaborating more on the issue you're having? 

It'd also be great if you could share a screenshot of what you're referring to. This way we can get a clear idea of how things look on your end.

If you have any feedback about the Plus button(+) - you're welcome to share it in this thread here as your feedback is important to us! 

We'll be on the lookout for your response. 

LyubkaModerator

This is happening to me to. I use duplicate song on purpose in my playlists and can no longer do this, no get the warning like before that I was adding a duplicate song. Now when adding a song it takes me to a list of playlists with a checkbox that I can check or uncheck. There seems to be no way to double check a box. 

Hey @jessicakbirney,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

The behavior you mention is expected with the new mobile design.

Right now, the ability to add a song to a playlist more than once using the "Add to playlist" menu in the mobile app is currently not possible. As a workaround - you can still add songs to a playlist more than once using the desktop app.

Hope this clear things up. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

LyubkaModerator

Suggested posts