Free/Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Win 10

My Question or Issue

I was looking for an album ("I'm Just a Prisoner" by Candi Staton 1969) in the Spotify desktop app.  I go to the artist page in the app and the album is not on there. I then open a browser and type "i'm just a prisoner candi staton spotify" in the google search window and it finds it and when I play it, it loads up in the app and starts playing.  At that point I can even add the song to my library in the app. But it still doesn't show up under the Artist page.  Is there a reason for this?

spotify.jpg
1 Reply

Hey there @elsalty

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We tried reproducing the issue you describe on a desktop device with Windows 10 OS. When opening the artist page we can see the album appearing in the albums list and it appears to be the first album from Candi Staton. This applies to both the desktop app and web player. 

In such a case we'd suggest running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your PC. We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. This tends to solve issues with the app's performance. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Suggested posts