Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Subscription] Ads on Daily Drive

[All Platforms][Subscription] Ads on Daily Drive

I enjoy the new Daily Drive feature on my Spotify Premium, but why am I getting ads when one of the big reasons for getting Premium was to go ad-free. Really annoying!!

Also, the churn rate of tunes is slow, and while all my tunes are banging, one or two have appeared every day and I need a refresh.

14 Replies

i am also getting adverts - the whole reason of premium is no ads. please sort this out spotify.

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community for answers.

You shouldn't be hearing ads in your music on any playlist if you're on a Premium account, but podcasts hosts can choose to include ads in their episodes.

Could you let us know if you're hearing ads only when a podcast is queued up or playing or also in-between songs.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It's on the daily drive playlist which is curated by Spotify.

It makes a jingle sound and then there is an advert. This happens between
songs or new bulletins etc.

I get this too, it's embedded in each 'talking' segment, won't be using Daily Drive until they're removed

Hey there @cheekydollar and @eddhall,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

Can you try to log out and then back in to see if that does that trick?

If not - can you provide us a screen recording? This will help us understand more directly what's going on from your end.

We'll keep an  eye out for your replies.

Cheers! 

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I'm also receiving adverts in my Daily Drive as a premium customer.

How can I remove these?

how about Spotify team to actually test this new playlist before releasing to premium members?
Yes, it doesn't have Ads after each News. Since we cannot customise which podcast news is being broadcasted between songs we do not know which will produce adds or not.
I can share my Daily Drive playlist and you will see Ads for each news announcement.
Rarely use it anymore since it has Ads. Another feature going to die slowly if not fixed.

I am hearing ads during the podcast content in the daily drive. This is not cool. If we have we pay to not hear ads, so please do not suggest content with ads

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread. 

Can you provide us a screen recording so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

These ads are really annoying, I won’t be using the daily drive if it continues. 
I’ve attached a screen recording

Hey there @CloudPink,

Thank you for your reply and video.

This is expected behavior. We advertise that a Premium user can listen to music without ad interruptions, which is one of the key benefits of a Premium subscription.  

Spotify however  gives the podcast hosts the option to choose if they would like to have a dynamic ad slot in their podcast.

You can find more info on this here. We understand that many of the creators that you're listening to seem to be using that option but that is not something Spotify can control - it's up to the individual podcast owners if they choose to have that type of ad in their content.

We hope this information was helpful. If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

So there are meant to be adds in the daily drive? I’ve had adverts over a minute, it’s annoying and I am paying for a ad free service. 

I like the daily drive format but I find the ads embedded in the talking segments very off putting and in bad taste. Spotify clearly is showing very little respect towards its paying customers here. I am getting ads in content specifically produced by Spotify with the label "Spotify Original", so it's clearly not just a choice left to content producers. Quite shameful.

What about you make a daily drive playlist without?

Suggested posts