Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

Nokia 8 Sirocco / iPod Touch 6th generation

Operating System

Android 10 / IOS12.5.1

My Question or Issue

I have over 4000 songs (including just over 100 local files) in my library and they are locally downloaded onto my smartphone (Nokia 8 Sirocco). I also have a Macbook Air, but on this device my library isn't downloaded.

About two months ago, I noticed all my downloads were suddenly deleted from my Nokia, and since then, this has been happening about every 10 days. I have followed basic troubleshooting suggestions from the community such as reinstalling the app, making sure there are no cache limits set to the app... And to make sure this wasn't a problem with my phone, I also redownloaded everything onto my old iPod (which is the iPod Touch 6th generation mentioned above) but I have the same problem on this device.

Since redownloading over 4000 songs on an almost weekly basis while paying for a premium subscription is not really okay, some help on what I can do would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

5 Replies

Hey @peetersdries,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you try to download them with another internet connection to see if the issue persist?

It would also be good if you performed a clean reinstall of the app. This is different from a quick reinstall and could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

Let us know how everything goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to. We're always one reply away 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi @Jeremy

I've tried what you said today, and I will keep you updated on what happens. I'm not sure if I have done a quick or a clean reinstall before, so it might work.

However, if this was a problem with my downloaded app, isn't it strange that the problem also occurred on my other device (the iPod I mentioned in my original post)?

Dries

Hi @peetersdries

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to confirm, have you already tried reinstalling the app on your iPod? 

This could be related to an account issue and this might be the reason why it happens across different devices. In this case, could you ask a friend or a family member to log into their personal account using any of your devices to see if they can replicate this? 

Keep us posted!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello @Novy

I download the Spotify-app on my iPod after this problem was already occurring on my smartphone (I stopped using my iPod before getting my Spotify subscription and only downloaded the app onto my iPod to check if the problem would also occur there).

With replicate, do you mean to let a friend or family member log onto my smartphone with their account and download their playlists to see if these downloads also get deleted? (If yes, I'll do that).

Thanks for your quick replies (both you and @jeremy!)

Dries

Hi again @peetersdries

That's correct. It would be helpful to know if someone else can replicate this issue with their account on your device. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts