Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Google Pixel 3a

Operating System

(Android 12, latest patch)

My Question or Issue

When I continue to play a playlist via Android Auto, it only plays 5 tracks and then stops. The queue shows these 5 tracks only, even though there are plenty more in the playlist. The playlists are cached on my mobile phone and I tried different ones.

I have to go back to my library and start playing from there. Then it works fine. But when I disconnect Andoid Auto and later reconnect, the queue is back to 5 tracks only.

The attached screenshot shows the queue. In this case the playlist has 258 tracks.

I tried to delete the cache, but did not help. Any suggestions?

Best regards,

Mick

Screenshot_20220329-150851.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @MickH74,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We appreciate the troubleshooting you've done so far, but to be sure that we're on the same page - did you use these steps for a clean reinstall? They are more thorough than a regular one. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

If the issue persists, would you mind checking if this happens using a different device? This will give us a better look at the issue to help you further.

We'll be waiting for your response. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @MickH74,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We appreciate the troubleshooting you've done so far, but to be sure that we're on the same page - did you use these steps for a clean reinstall? They are more thorough than a regular one. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

If the issue persists, would you mind checking if this happens using a different device? This will give us a better look at the issue to help you further.

We'll be waiting for your response. 

OscarDCModerator

Hi @OscarDC,

I did a clean reinstall and it seems like the problem is fixed. Thanks a lot!

After a few days working fine, the problem is back now.

Any suggestions?

Hey @MickH74,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop here.

Sorry to hear that the issue has returned. Could we ask if this happens to playlists that are downloaded for offline listening on your device, or it happens to all others (while online) as well? If the reinstall helped for few days, then this could indeed be related to some cached-data troubles occurring in your mobile device. Another suggestion that we can think of is that If you're having any battery optimization or cache-clearing apps on your device, to exclude Spotify from their routines if possible, as they tend to cause issues especially with downloaded content.

If this doesn't help, we'd like to request a short video of the situation occurring at your end. This will be very helpful for our teams to try and replicate the issue. You can send a link to the video, or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

Hope you find this useful. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Kiril Moderator

Thanks for your feedback. This happens to playlists downloaded for offline listening. I haven´t tried non-downloaded playlists, though.

Will try with Spotify excluded from batterie optimization and record a video if it doesn´t help.

I have been trying to find out, when this is actually happening, but I
cannot figure it out.
I tried connecting/disconnection Android Auto. Then I thought it might
happen, when the phone goes to battery saving mode, but that isn´t it
either.
It seems to happen randomly. Sometimes the playlist stays intact for days
and sometimes the playlist is cut within a few hours.
I don´t know what to do. If someone has any suggestions, I will try. Until
then, I will simply start playing from the library every time.

Hey @MickH74,

Thanks for the reply and the troubleshooting you've already done.

It is important to check if Spotify is set as an exception in the battery/memory optimization settings on your device, because if not, this can lead to issues from time to time. The same goes for the Android Auto app.

Here are some steps for finding those settings, but they may vary between devices.

On the same note, is your device connected to a charger in the car or it runs on its battery?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Not OP, but similar problem. Usb connection for audio. Android auto and Spotify both set exempt from battery optimization. Offline mode trying to play large playlist 16gb or so, but forced to cringe as the same songs come on and forced to make adjustments to get back to large playlist. It seems to remember last song played, but then right into some imaginary queue that keeps playing small list of songs.

Suggested posts