Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Auto Play wrong genre after a playlist ended

Auto Play wrong genre after a playlist ended

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Samsung

My Question or Issue

Before when a playlist ended, it autoplayed similar songs. It was awsome.

Now it autoplays random songs of my liking, not related to the playlist that just finished.

So, when listening to relaxing instrumentals, and it reach the end of list, it can start a rock n roll, or pop-song. Just because I like that to, but in other playlists.

I has taken all the joy or discovering new songs while playing Spotify in the background at work for hours and not needing to get a complete playlist.

I used to make smaller playlists of maybe 10 songs, then let it autoplay to get similar songs.

It was the best.

Now it's useless. You never know what to get.

3 Replies

Hi there @Tegheim83,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

I just checked the Autoplay from my side and it does play similar content to what I was listening to, so try the following;

• Log out and back in twice in a row. This will force a sync between your account and device.
  • Clear the app's cache by going to Settings > Storage > Clear cache.
  • Clean reinstall the app by following these steps.
  • Try logging in with your account from a different device and check if you can replicate the issue there. It can be a relative or friend's account.

On another note, did you notice if this started happening after an update or recent change?

Keep us posted!

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I did all of that today but no difference.

I did try to delete some songs in the playlist to see which triggered the oneI didn't like to be played and think I found which one it was.

It was two swedish pop singers, only difference is that one song was very soft and easy, but the one I didn't think fitted my playlist was very uptempo.

Maybe a glitch, but reinstall and such didn't affect the autoplay. But deleted song did it.

Hey @Tegheim83,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We're glad to know that everything is working fine now after removing those songs. We appreciate the time you took following the process suggested and finding the root cause of this issue. Hopefully, this tip you shared will help other users as well.

Thanks again for your feedback regarding the Autoplay behavior.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts