Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Blocked Artists Still Appearing on Discover Weekly and Recommended Songs?

Blocked Artists Still Appearing on Discover Weekly and Recommended Songs?

Plan

Premium

My Question or Issue

When I have blocked an artist from playing, their songs and songs they feature in still appear on my Discover Weekly and Recommended Songs. Is there a way to fully block them? I have tried unblocking and blocking them again and it hasn't worked. This happens with multiple artists I have tried to block.

5 Replies

Hey @PeregrineF4,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Blocked artists should stop showing in your Discover Weekly and other recommendation playlists eventually. Note that this might take a few weeks, for the algorithm to gather up enough information on your more recent listening activity.

Unfortunately, there is no way to stop song recommendations in which the blocked artist is featured.

I'd suggest also adding your +Vote to this Idea, which might appeal to you. The more votes an idea gets, the more likely it is to get implemented. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Hope you find this info helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, this is happening to me and I have had the artists blocked for months and months. Any ideas? I'm losing my mind.

Is there a way to block the weekly recommendation overall? There is an NSFW Album cover that consistently appears every week and I can't get rid of it without blocking all NSFW content which includes explicit lyrics. Is there a way around this? Blocking the artist hasn't worked.

Hi there @william_033,

Thanks for the post.

You can try the new option to exclude content from your taste profile, so you receive fewer recommendations like that. You can read more about this feature here

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, I have had the artist blocked for months and still appearing on recommended, happens that my sister used to play an artist on mu spotify account that I doesn't like, and I blocked the artist, but it still appearing on my recommended artists, She no longer uses my account so I can't figure out why her new album appears in recommendations, (which is really bad by the way) .-.

Suggested posts