Plan

Premium

Country

Ireland

Device

(Samsung Galaxy A21)

Operating System

My Question or Issue

I'm trying to block/remove playlists from my account. I've read previous posts around not being able to do this on the desktop app, but I'm trying to do this on my phone. When I find the artist, and click the 3 dots, I don't have a block action.
I also want to be able to block playlists as some contain songs that I don't want to be searchable.

Is it possible, to block playlists and block whoever created them from appearing in my feed or searches?

Thanks

4 Replies

Hey @bseamas84,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Currently it is not possible to block a playlist, but you can block an artist or a particular song from playing. Here is a thread with more info on that.

You can also block a user from following your account. Here is how to do that.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

can you please add this as a feature?? there’s a playlist on a girl i like’s account that is causing me to spiral further and further emotionally every time i see it 

Why if I block an "artist" I keep getting recomended playlists with this artist

Hey @ch3ps,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

In the mobile app, you can go to the artist profile, hit the 3-dot menu and select the option "don't play this". This will avoid playing songs from that artist on that device. However, it's possible that you might see some recommendations including this artist, but they would be grayed out and they should be skipped automatically by the app.

In case the song is not getting skipped, could you record a short video where we can take a better look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to watch it).

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts