Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Your Library

Get help with Your Library on all devices.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Your Sound Capsule: Following your listening stats

You probably already know Spotify launches every year, Spotify Wrapped, which is a rewind of your listening stats. It presents each user their listening stats for that year, including the most listened-to artists and songs, for example. It's really l...

IMG_6759.jpg IMG_6760.jpg IMG_6761.jpg IMG_6764.jpg
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • JohnHowlett
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 61 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 61 likes

Watch and Listen: Introducing music videos on Spotify

Spotify knows that the listening experience is a way to connect artists with fans on many levels. But what if we could enhance these connections with a different perspective? With this in mind, Spotify is introducing a new and powerful way to listen ...

IMG_6446.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Joggerwithoutmusic
  • Casual Listener
  • 44 replies
  • 28 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 28 likes

Spotify Takes Listening With Friends to Another Level with Jam

Spotify is introducing a more fun, intuitive, and collaborative social listening experience with Jam. Whether you’re together or apart, joining a Jam with your loved ones is now simpler than ever by tapping phones, scanning a QR code, or sharing a li...

Community Blog Post.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Okiedokiedorkie
  • Casual Listener
  • 62 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Connect
    JAM
  • 62 replies
  • 48 likes

Local Mp3 Files won't play on mobile devices

I added a handful of music to my local files on Spotify and synced them to a playlist on my phone. Some of the songs will play and other songs will not play. All my spotify apps are updated, they are all mp3 files, and none of the file names have spe...

• I added a handful of music to my local files on Spotify and synced them to a playlist on my phone. Some of the songs will play and other songs will not play. All my spotify apps are updated, they are...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Add song falls out of frame

I have been getting this bug (Windows app) for over two months now and was hoping an update would fix it.... Maybe the problem is because I have too many playlists . When I want to add a song to my first playlists, sometimes I can't do it because it'...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been getting this bug (Windows app) for over two months now and was hoping an update would fix it.... Maybe the problem is because I have too many playlists 😅. When I want to add a song to my...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Excluding certain artists from appearing in new releases (Bell) menu

Hello,I would like to be able to exclude certain artists from appearing in the new releases (Bell) menu on mobile (Android).I recently started following some popular classical music artists like Beethoven, Chopin and Mozart and they have many release...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I would like to be able to exclude certain artists from appearing in the new releases (Bell) menu on mobile (Android). I recently started following some popular classical music artists l...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Connect] Spotify keeps pausing on all devices (webplayer, mobile, and desktop) !

My spotify for the last few days have been pausing everywhere, on browser, on my desktop application(mac) and on my iphone. I've tried almost everything.I signed out of on all my accountsI reinstalled Spotify I tried deleting the folders location: /p...

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify for the last few days have been pausing everywhere, on browser, on my desktop application(mac) and on my iphone.    I've tried almost everything. I signed out of on all my acc...
  • kozza
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Connect
    Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist disappeared and I can't find it at my recently deleted playlists.

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlands My Question or IssueHi! One of my playlists, one that I was very proud of, all of a sudden disapperead. When I tried to open it, it said that there was some kind of error and the playlists was not longer available, and t...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Netherlands   My Question or Issue Hi! One of my playlists, one that I was very proud of, all of a sudden disapperead. When I tried to open it, it said that th...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My library in Bluetooth

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalDevice(Huawei)Operating System(Android) My Question or IssueEverytime I play my library connected to a bluetooth equipment the Spotify allways jump 2 or 3 tracks. I start in to play in track nr 1 and Spotify jump to track nr...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Portugal Device (Huawei) Operating System (Android)   My Question or Issue Everytime I play my library connected to a bluetooth equipment the Spotify allways jump ...
  • nahyden69
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Community][Developer] Spotify asks us to advise solutions; doesn't implement

Every time I've had an issue with Spotify, all they do is refer me to this community where everyone's crying about the same thing. If we all clearly have the same issues then why haven't y'all fixed it yet. One step forward on sorting by genre, two s...

• Visitor
  • Every time I've had an issue with Spotify, all they do is refer me to this community where everyone's crying about the same thing. If we all clearly have the same issues then why haven't y'all fixed ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution unhide songs

PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung s10 My Question or Issuea specific song I want to play on my spotify will not "unhide" itself as in whenever I go to unhide it with that red minus button, it does not "unhide" and just stays like that. i have uninstalled and ...

• Plan Premium Device Samsung s10       My Question or Issue a specific song I want to play on my spotify will not "unhide" itself as in whenever I go to unhide it with that red ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Made for You" Don't Share Blacklists

So, in the 5 years that I've used Spotify, I've never been happy with how the music I listen to is used for my "daily" playlists.Music I listen to a year ago will flood all of my daily playlists. If I find a new band, listen to only them for a month ...

• Casual Listener
  • So, in the 5 years that I've used Spotify, I've never been happy with how the music I listen to is used for my "daily" playlists. Music I listen to a year ago will flood all of my daily playlists. I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution What happens to downdloaded witch aren't in any Playlist

PlanPremium My Question or IssueI like to download premade playlists from Spotify, but what happens to songs wich i downloaded in a playlist but got delete from that playlist and dont have in any other? Are they still downloaded and if so where do i ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   My Question or Issue I like to download premade playlists from Spotify, but what happens to songs wich i downloaded in a playlist but got delete from that playlist and dont ha...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • downloads
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant play local file on phone

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung Note 9Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI have one song that I have uploaded to a playlist on Spotify on my laptop. I see the song on the playlist on my phone but I cannot select it. It is grayed out. Both ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Samsung Note 9 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I have one song that I have uploaded to a playlist on Spotify on my laptop. I see the song...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lost playlist

Hi, I made a playlist earlier today but now it has disappeared. I looked through the spotify help section and googled etc but no luck. It's not in the 'recover playlists' list. In fact I've never deleted any playlists before so there are no playlists...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I made a playlist earlier today but now it has disappeared. I looked through the spotify help section and googled etc but no luck. It's not in the 'recover playlists' list. In fact I've never del...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [All Platforms][Bug] Crossfade not working on songs in playlist ordered the same way as in the album

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceLaptop, IPhone 12Operating SystemWindows 10, iOS 14.7.1Other InfoCrossfade enabled and set to 5 secs.Smooth transitions both disabled & enabled at different times My Question or IssueSpotify allows artists to control crossf...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Laptop, IPhone 12 Operating System Windows 10, iOS 14.7.1 Other Info Crossfade enabled and set to 5 secs. Smooth transitions both disabled & enabled at d...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Bug Playlist
    Bugged playback
    Crossfade
    Crossfade on spotify’s playlists
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can playlists in shuffle mode pickup where they left off last time they were played?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 12Operating SystemiOS 11 Can playlists in shuffle mode pickup where they left off last time they were played? Say you have a playlist of 100 songs and you like to listen to them on shuffle mode. Let's say you listen ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS 11   Can playlists in shuffle mode pickup where they left off last time they were played? Say you have a playlist of 100 s...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Select All/Control+A/Shift+Click/Control+Click not working correctly

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMulti-track selection not working if tracks are from more than one release. Only works within the same album/EP. Previously I could open an artist's discography page and selec...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Multi-track selection not working if tracks are from more than one release. Only works within the s...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Playlists] Make the liked songs list sync across devices in real-time

I've noticed that if I like a song on my phone, when I come back to my laptop the liked song list hasn't updated. It would be awesome if this was updated in real-time or frequently across all devices without me having to quit Spotify desktop and rest...

• I've noticed that if I like a song on my phone, when I come back to my laptop the liked song list hasn't updated. It would be awesome if this was updated in real-time or frequently across all devices...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downgraded to Free Plan — Unable to Edit My Playlists

Plan - FreeCountry - USOperating System- iOS I just downgraded my premium plan to the free plan and now I’m unable to see the songs under my playlists (on mobile) nor edit/rearrange the songs under the playlists (both mobile and tablet/desktop). I ca...

• Plan - Free Country - US Operating System- iOS  I just downgraded my premium plan to the free plan and now I’m unable to see the songs under my playlists (on mobile) nor edit/rearrange the ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Why are the songs in one of my Spotify playlists in the wrong order?

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States of AmericaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S20 FE 5My Question or IssueOne of my playlists seems to be out of order. I want it to show my recently added songs at the top, but it shows a super old/random list of songs at the top wh...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States of America Device Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5 My Question or Issue One of my playlists seems to be out of order. I want it to show my recently added songs at the...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

todaystopfans issue/bug report

it says in the name of it "today's top fans", right? So I expect to get the stats for 1 day from a person's stats. For the past week, I've only really listened to 2 artists, and they have never shown up on here Buying premium month after month I expe...

• Casual Listener
  • it says in the name of it "today's top fans", right? So I expect to get the stats for 1 day from a person's stats. For the past week, I've only really listened to 2 artists, and they have never shown...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Home screen freez

App is freezing on home screen, Reinstaled, rebooted and still the same.Opening by long pressing icon and sarch works but every time i click on home screen app freez.In this stage the app is unusable, please HELP. PlanPremiumCountryCzechDevice(iPhone...

• Casual Listener
  • App is freezing on home screen, Reinstaled, rebooted and still the same. Opening by long pressing icon and sarch works but every time i click on home screen app freez. In this stage the app is unus...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes