Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth not working properly with some artist's Popular song list.

Bluetooth not working properly with some artist's Popular song list.

Plan: Premium Student
Device: Google Pixel 5A + Bluetooth connected to PS5
Operating System: Android 13

Bluetooth does not behave properly with certain artist's Popular songs list:

1) Bluetooth will refuse to connect if a song is playing from certain artist's "Popular" list.

2) While Bluetooth is connected, attempting to select a song from the same artist's Popular song list does not work.

The issue is not reproduced for all artists. I can specifically reproduce the error with a small number of artist's Popular song list. For this bug report I am reproducing the error using the artist "Rain City Drive". I can reproduce this exact bug with Bluetooth for my PlayStation 5. This does not occur with Bluetooth connected to my car.

Bug #1:

DESCRIPTION: Unable to connect to Bluetooth when "Rain City Drive" music is playing which was activated from the artist's Popular list.

ACTION: Play a song from "Rain City Drive" Popular song list. Attempt to connect to a Bluetooth device.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: Bluetooth connects and the song continues to play.

ACTUAL BEHAVIOR: Bluetooth refuses to connect, a new song must be selected directly from any album, then Bluetooth connects immediately. Additionally, pausing the Popular song does not allow Bluetooth to connect.

WORKAROUND: Play any song directly from an album, Bluetooth connects immediately. The album can be from any artist including the one that has the broken Popular songs list.

Bug #2:

DESCRIPTION: While Bluetooth is connected, unable to select songs from "Rain City Drive" Popular song list.

ACTION: While connected to Bluetooth, select a song from "Rain City Drive" Popular song list.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: The song is changed to the one selected on the Popular song list.

ACTUAL BEHAVIOR: The song does not change while Bluetooth is connected.

WORKAROUND: #1: Disconnect from Bluetooth, select a song from the artist's Popular song list, the song is change immediately. #2: Stay connected to Bluetooth, change the song directly from the album, the song changes immediately.

EDIT: Oct 8, 22 @ 1528CST - This only occurs when connecting to PS5 Bluetooth. I tested on my car Bluetooth and it works fine.

2 Replies

This issue has been resolved. I contacted Spotify on Twitter and their suggested action:

Log out of app > Restart Device > Log in to app.

I actually only logged in and logged out from the settings menu in Spotify on my phone and it fixed it.

Hey @jamesarray,

Thanks for reaching out.

We're happy to hear your issue has been resolved 🙂 Sometimes all you need to do to fix it is simply force a re-sync by logging out and back in your account. Another very basic solution is also to run a clean reinstall of the app.

Let us know if there's anything else.

Take care,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts