Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can’t delete a podcast

Solved!

Can’t delete a podcast

I have added a podcast to my library, but it was removed from Spotify. It still shows as being in my library, however, but it won’t load or allow me to delete it. I see no way of removing it, all I can do is pin it. 
How do I delete it from my library?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Moonkiwi06,

Thanks for the post.

Currently there is no way to remove podcasts from your Library if they've been taken down from the platform.

This functionality updates automatically, so the podcast should disappear in some time.

Hope this info helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @Moonkiwi06,

Thanks for the post.

Currently there is no way to remove podcasts from your Library if they've been taken down from the platform.

This functionality updates automatically, so the podcast should disappear in some time.

Hope this info helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Can I just +1 this for a feature request. Seems insane that I just have to live with unavailable podcasts littering my library with no way to fix it but to wait longer and hope for the best.

Alex - I have a podcast that was played for 2 seconds and now it is stuck on my Home Screen no matter what I do.  Me and thousands of others, need a resolution to this! It has been going on for 3 years!  It is insulting your solution is to wait and see.  Please give us a real solution. Thanks. 

I have the same issue and this is 8 months past this "solution" you've given that we would have to "wait and see" about. This is not a solution, Alex. This seems like a big delay to nothing. I have a podcast stuck on mine that has bothered me since this post was first written. This feels lazy and dismissive since it hasn't been fixed yet at all. Please give us a real solution. Thanks.

Same here, I really need it removed. It's so annoying

Screenshot 2023-10-13 at 15.05.57.png

Screenshot 2023-10-13 at 15.05.46.png

For anyone who is still having this problem:

- Go to the web browser version of the spotify client (https://open.spotify.com/)

- Click on the de-listed podcasts in the left sidebar (They'll just be called "podcast" if your experience is like mine)

- Then just hit the delete key on your keyboard to remove them from your library (Which will sync to your other clients as well)

Far as I can tell there is still no way to accomplish this in the desktop or mobile sportify clients; a de-listed podcast in those clients doesn't let you navigate to a page that would have an unfollow action, and the delete key isn't mapped as a shortcut in those clients like it is in the web browser. And I can tell you 6 months wasn't enough time for them to go away on their own.

Hope this helps someone.

DAMNN... thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!! i've been having this problem for monthsss, and i didn't think of this. hahaha. 

You're a life saver!!!!

Thanks for the suggestion. I can't find the de-listed podcasts in the web browser. They seem to have been deleted there. They still show up in the app 😕

To delete a delisted podcast from your desktop app, select the podcast in the left pane.  Then press Ctrl+Del.

Poof...gone.

Hi. I had the same problem for a while. Then, I tried to delete App Cache and App Data from App Settings (of Android) and logged-in again. It removed the 'no-longer-existing-but-I-had-previously-subscribed' podcasts from my library. Of course, all Spotify data saved on your phone, along with downloaded songs/podcasts, will be deleted.

Suggested posts