Premium Family

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S22

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

Ive been having this problem on my samsung galaxy s22. Every search result that I've seen doesn't seem to be exact to the situation I have right now so I'm wondering if this is a problem specific to me.

I am able to get an option to share links to playlists collaborations, playlist blends, playlists made for me by spotify, and literally any other playlists except ones that I myself have made. I have already tried to remove cache from the app, checked for updates, uninstalling and reinstalling, and restarting my phone. I am able to share links on desktop but I would rather not boot up my laptop and spend more than 3 minutes just to share a playlist with friends.

This is such a strange inconvenience and it's kind of frustrating. I would like some help. 

In this picture below, this is what I see after I press the share button on a playlist that I have made. I keep tapping refresh and nothing happens and as you can see, the other share options on the bottom are grayed out so I can't press any of them. So it seems that not even a link to share can be generated. 

Screenshot_20230109_215837_Spotify.jpg

This is what I see when I press the share button, for this instance the Mood Booster playlist made by Spotify. Like I said earlier, the share function works fine for every playlist besides the ones that I have made.

Screenshot_20230109_215935_Spotify.jpg

13 Replies

Hey there @mattaues

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community.

Just to confirm, have you tried following these specific steps to reinstall the app? 

If you have but nothing changed, could you make sure that Spotify has all necessary permissions enabled?

1. Open your Settings menu.
  2. Scroll to the bottom to find Spotify and open the app settings.
  3. Enable everything you see.

If the issue persists afterwards, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your phone to check if the same happens with a different account?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have followed the steps for a clean reinstall but nothing has changed. 

I asked my sister to log in to her account with my phone (she is in the same premium family plan) and she is able to share her own playlists on my phone. I log back into my account and it is the same problem.  Now I'm wondering if there's a problem with my account. I'm still uncertain though. Any other suggestions?

Hey @mattaues,

Thanks for getting back to us!

It is  a good idea to check your battery saving features and make sure that Spotify is set as an exception if you're using the battery optimization option. 

We'd also like you to test this with a different connections to see if the app behaves the same way. If you were using 5G when trying to share a playlist, try it over Wi-Fi or vice versa. It'd be great if you can ask a friend or a family member to start a hotspot for you in order to try this connection as well.

In case the issue persists on all networks, could you please tell us the exact Spotify version that you use?

Let us know how it goes.

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have tried to share the playlist with and without battery optimization. 

I have tried connecting to different Wi-Fi sources, a friend's hotspot, and my own 5G mobile data and unfortunately the issue persists. 

My Spotify version is 8.8.0.347

Hey there @mattaues,

Thanks for the post.

Does this happen with any playlist you make or is it a specific playlist only? This issue seems very strange and could be related to your account and not the device, since your sister can share playlists.

It's worth checking in you can share your playlists from the PC app for example.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is a problem that happens with every playlist that I make, not playlist specific.

I'm able to copy the link to share on the PC app. 

And I'm not sure if this is worth mentioning but I have a 6th gen iPad running on iPad OS 15.6.1 and I am also able to copy links there but it looks like this. As you can see, the refresh button is still there and nothing happens when I tap on it, but the copy link and sharing to other apps aren't grayed out so I'm able to use that. 

image_2023-01-16_145923844.png

Hey there @mattaues

Can you create a free account for test purposes and user that for a few days, to check if sharing playlists from there works as expected? To me it seems like something might have gone wrong with your particular account, but the only way to be sure is to test it out.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator

I just created a new free account with a google account and made a quick playlist and right off the bat, works as it should. At this point, I'm sure it's a problem with my account specifically but I don't know what to do to fix it.

mattaues.jpg

Hey @mattaues,

Thanks for getting back to us!

Taking this into account, it looks like you're having this Ongoing issue that is under investigation right now. We'd recommend keeping an eye on it until it is resolved and then let us know if you're still experiencing this. You can also leave your relevant feedback and follow the thread for updates. Hopefully we'll have this sorted out soon.

Hope this helps. We'll be here if you have any updates or questions  🙂

LyubkaModerator

I'm not sure when or why it started to work properly but I happened to check today if sharing my personal playlists would work and I can finally say that it is now working so thanks? Idk haha.

I would like to know what caused it to start working again. Was it a problem with my account? Did it just fix itself somehow with time?

Hey @mattaues,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

It's possible that recent updates have fixed the problem of sharing the playlists for some users. This type of issue is usually not account-related, but more something globally like the Ongoing issue that @Lyubka mentioned previously. We're glad to know that everything is working fine now. We'd also recommend having your Spotify app updated, so you don't miss any improvements.

In case you need anything else, remember that we're just a post away 🙂

Cheers!  

OscarDCModerator

I am having the exact same issue. I created a playlist on my desktop, It plays fine on my account. but if i share the playlist I get the same image as above. Others can see the playlist but are unable to actually play the music in my playlist.

Hey @LadyBob

Thank you for reaching out to the Community for help.

Its been some time since the last post on this thread regarding this issue, could you let us know which troubleshooting you've tried so that we don't repeat ourselves.

As this was an Ongoing Issue which was deemed as solved, could you also send us a screenshot or recording of the issue so we can see if it behaves like the previous issue. 

Keep us posted.

MartinModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts