Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't sync local files from Macbook Air to Android

Can't sync local files from Macbook Air to Android

Plan: Premium

Device: Samsung Galaxy S9+/Macbook Air 2020

Operating System: Android 10/Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6

So I've been syncing local music from my Windows PC to my phone for a couple of years and it worked fine. However, I recently switched to a MacBook Air, and I've been able to get local files onto Spotify on the MacBook Air. Unfortunately, following the exact same process I did before, I can't get said local files to then sync onto my phone. I've done a clean install on both my phone and MacBook, I've made sure they're both connected to the same wifi, and I've tried deleting and re-adding the songs. The song simply stays greyed out and has an exclamation point near it. When I'm able to use my windows PC (which is about once a month) I'm able to sync it properly from there, but besides that, I can't manage to make it work from the Macbook.

4 Replies

I recently started experiencing the same issue when syncing local files from my Macbook to my Android phone.  It was working the last time I tried it, which was a few weeks ago.  But now, when I attempt to download a playlist with local songs on the device, I see an exclamation point next to all local songs.  I get a notification that the songs have started downloading, but it goes away after a few seconds, and all of the local files stay grayed out and are not play-able on the device. 

Both devices are on the same wifi network, and I tried restarting Spotify on both my Mac and Android phone.  I've attached a screenshot of what the brief notification and the playlist looks like.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20200917-200207_2.png
Screenshot_20200917-200214.png

Syncing of local files is now working again for me, not sure what the issue was last night.  Thanks for supporting this feature!

did you change anything at all? im still in the same situation

Hey there @axiss,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

It's possible that your firewall settings are causing this, so we'd recommend checking that Spotify is not blocked there.

It's also a good idea to try using a different network to try and sync the files. For example you can start a hot spot on your phone and use that.

We'll be on the lookout for your answer and we'll see what we can suggest next if this doesn't help. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you in the meantime.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts