Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Daily Mixes] seem to have regressed to the past

[Daily Mixes] seem to have regressed to the past

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

(iPhone 6s)

Operating System

(iOS 12)

My Question or Issue

In in the last few weeks my daily mixes have gone from being 6 great varied playlists reflecting my recent listening habits to a much less diverse list. In addition, I do recognise the music within them but it looks like they have been created from my listening in the past rather than in recent years.

As an example:

I now have five playlists which are rock/indie and one which contains rap music. I have hardly listened to any rap since about 2015 but regularly listen to electronic/instrumental music which is in none of the daily mixes.

The mixes have not changed with my listening over the recent weeks.

The discover weekly and release radar are fine.

1 Reply

Mine seem to have regressed to random tracks in my "Liked songs" playlist, a lot of which weren't songs I actually liked but songs I'd starred to listen to later and added to my library when that first came into existence (and before I realised that it was only limited to 10K tracks and filled it up right away).

They used to follow my listening habits, which was great, but now they are a lot less useful. I've removed everything from my Liked Songs playlist in the hopes it will help, so maybe check if you have some of your older tastes still liked? If this doesn't work, I'll start removing Albums as well - it seems to have autopopulated all the albums I liked into my library.

I think this is Spotify's attempt to remind you of older music you liked, but if so, it's not implemented very well.

Suggested posts