Delete recently played - Lets do this again

Plan

Family

Country

US

Device

Android, Windows, Google Home

My Question or Issue

Looks like this has been raised and there is a request with lots of votes.  My 9 year old will play songs from our Google Home and it will register as me.  Now I have lots of junk in my recently played and suggestions.  I don't want a suggestion for Oliva Rodrigo or Taylor Swift, yet they are taking up suggestion spots.

Seems like you COULD delete them, now you cannot.  This needs to be added back.

Don't tell me to go vote on the 2 year old request, I have.  YouTube Music lets you remove something from your history, maybe I'll give them my money

3 Replies

Hey @Brodieman,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

We're sorry to hear that about about the unwanted influences on your recommendations - we appreciate your feedback and will make sure that it's taken into consideration when moving forward.

For the moment indeed it's not possible to rest your recommendation, however there is a workaround you can try. While Private listening mode is active, none of the music you play will influence your recommendations. if you activate it for situations like the one you described, your recommendations should adjust after a couple of weeks.

Hope this is useful. The Community is here for you if you have any questions. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So I have to have my daughter ask me, anytime she wants the Google Home to play music.  Then I have to turn on private listening mode.  Then I have to have her tell me when she is done, so I can turn off private listen mode?

That is not a workaround.

Since Spotify clearly doesn't care about, I have canceled my subscription and moved on to another provider who does.  So long and thanks for the fish.

Suggested posts