Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

iPhone XR, PC, Web

Operating System

iOS15, Windows 10, Edge

My Question or Issue

I removed a playlist but it still shows up on my profile in both the mobile app, the web app, and the desktop (windows store) app. How can I get rid of this playlist once and for all?

27 Replies

Hi, thanks for asking!

Sometimes when you delete a playlist, it still appears beacuse of the listening history. It automatically goes away as soon as our listening habits changeso do not worry. If the playlist in not in your library and only in recommendations then it will go away soon.

Throw a like my way or choose this as a solution if I helped!

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I would expect it to be totally gone. However, I can still open it. That’s not my definition of deleting something

Hey @PleaseFixTheApp,

Thanks for the post.

Can you attach a screenshot or video recording of the issue? Also, let us know if the playlist still has playable songs in it and what happens if you try deleting it again?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Nothing much to show. I can delete it and it still shows up on the homescreen. When I try to delete it again I see an error message "Ooops, something went wrong":

2021-09-23 12_04_25-Spotify Premium.png

I also restored it and then deleted it again, same result.

When I look in the api for my playlists it isn't included. However, I have completely removed the spotify app from my computer (cleared %appdata%) and after reinstall it still showed up. Not sure what's going on there.

I found this: https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/general/guides/working-with-playlists/

So there's no real way of deleting a playlist in Spotify, you're basically unfollowing it.

I tried unfollowing it via the API and yes, when I looked at the playlists details it didn't show me as a follower. Then I followed it again (via the api) and it immediately showed up in my app. When I unfollowed it again it was removed from my app.

I don't know where the desktop and web app get there data from, but it's sending the wrong data (and it isn't changing when I play a different playlist)

PleaseFixTheApp_0-1632392658846.png

(the playlist on the right is the one I removed unfollowed

Hi @PleaseFixTheApp,

Thank you for your reply!

In order to investigate further, please share with us the URI link of this playlist, this way we can take a better look at it and keep investigating. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

MafeGModerator

This is the playlist

It's gone in the ios app but still visible in my desktop apps (windows 10 on 2 separate computers)

Hey @PleaseFixTheApp,

Thanks for your swift reply and the link you've sent.

We understand that the unwanted playlist is no longer present on your mobile device, but it still shown on your desktop devices. You can try logging out and logging back (restarting the two separate desktop apps you have) - however, for each of them, do that twice in a row. This may sound odd but it's how the app does a refresh and resynchronizes with your account.

If you still see the list, could you let us know if it only appears on your Home screen or in Your Library as well? 

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

ElenaModerator

I logged in twice, but the playlist is still there. The playlist does not appear in the library.

Hey @PleaseFixTheApp,

Thanks for the post and the clarification.

If it's appearing in the top of your home screen on the Good Morning/ Good Afternoon or Recently played section, you won't be able to remove this. These sections of the Home screen are automatically populated based on your listening activity. It will go away eventually, when the system has gathered more info about recent albums/ shows that you are listening to.

Hope this clears things up.

AlexModerator

How long would that take? I listened to a lot of other playlists after this one and seems to be sticked.

Hi, I wanted to ask about playlist-related features. I recently visited one of my friend's profiles on the mobile (iOS & Android) and web version of Spotify. My friend's playlist is still visible there, and I can see and play the song inside the playlist. But when I open my Spotify desktop app (windows) and go to my friend's profile, the playlist isn't there, yet I still can view it on the mobile/web version.

Is this a bug? Or is it just my friends change their playlist privacy settings? But if that's the case, why is the playlist still visible on the web and mobile app version?  

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

@PleaseFixTheApp The playlists will eventually disappear from the Home screen the more you listen to music content.

@rfqif88 Could you restart your PC and then log out and log back in to your account to see if that makes a difference? Let us know how it goes.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator

Do you mean specifically listen on the device where the wrong playlists are displayed or just in general? I’ve listened to a lot of playlists (and some playlists I have listened to multiple times), much more than the one that has been removed and it still shows the old removed playlist.

Hi @PleaseFixTheApp,

Thank you for your reply. 

Since the user interface can change across different devices, the more you listen to other content on all of your devices, the more your recommendations will keep updating. 

Also, please make sure that you listen to more of your favorite tracks with the Private session feature off, as it may affect what is shown on your recommendations.

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator

So recommendations are device based?  Then again that doesn't make sense because I have completely removed the app and all its data. Or is there some other place where data is stored?

And I see the same stuff on the web player. So it is coming from the Spotify API, but it seems the desktop and web player use another endpoint than the mobile app.

edit:

So i tested a bit more and it definitely is coming from the server. The request URL is https://api.spotify.com/v1/views/recently-played?offset=0&limit=50&types=artist%2Calbum%2Cshow%2Cpla... and it contains the deleted playlist:

PleaseFixTheApp_0-1633073030220.png

So this is a problem on the Spotify server side. They should not send deleted playlists to the player. Saying things like 'yeah but you should listen more and it will go away' is just not helpful. Given the fact that Spotify don't care about their customers (see all topics about podcasts) I doubt this will get fixed.

I have the same issue on Windows client. One deleted playlist just won't go away.

I listen playlists and podcasts, albums all the time. List is empty and deleted. Opening it you can delete it just to see early mentioned error message about can not delete it, sorry. How can I get rid of this playlist forever? Thank you.

I can't see this deleted list on my Android app, so I assume it is Windows and Web app bug.

Hi folks,

Thanks for your posts and sharing the troubleshooting you've done.

Can you try the following:

1. Restore the deleted playlist here.
  2. Delete all of the tracks, then delete the playlist again. 

This way the playlist should be removed from your library, if you still can see it there.

As we've mentioned before, if you see a deleted playlist in the Good Morning/ Afternoon/ Recently Played tab, this will go away eventually as you listen to more content and can't be influenced manually.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator

It has no tracks in it. I will try to revert it back from your pages and add some tracks to delete them or to delete with tracks. I have no time now, so will try later. In a hurry... you know. But I do listen much of tracks, lists and albums, it just won't go away for weeks. I tried clearing cache and relogging.

It seems like on my Android phone it as well not updating recently listened lists, the ones I listen are from time ago. I will try more, like I said now I am in a hurry to leave. Thanks for our reply.

Suggested posts