Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Your Library] Playlist filtering within the new "Your Library" functionality is broken.

[Desktop][Your Library] Playlist filtering within the new "Your Library" functionality is broken.

I used the Filter function in the new Playlists section of Your Library, and when the filter failed to find something, I was given a screen saying "Create your first playlist" even though I already have hundreds of playlists. This screen has no way to remove the failed filter state, and the page does not go away after I click "Create Playlist," so now I am trapped here because the Back button is showing me previous pages I visited, not the pathway I used to get to this dead end.

WHY is my desktop app now more like the mobile app? This whole update is dreadful UX design for desktop users. Please fix! 

Version 1.1.51.382.g8e3b11ed-a 

1.1.51.382.g8e3b11ed-a

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 1.50.04 PM.png
1 Reply

Hey @nolaurious ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

The filter function in Your Library should bring up all matching results. We suggest you run a clean reinstall since this step can usually solve issues rendering Spotify to malfunction in the way you're describing. You can find the necessary steps here

We also really appreciate your feedback on the new app and will take it into account when moving forward. We invite you to post any other remarks you may have on the new design in this thread where it's being heavily discussed. We regularly monitor it and pass on your thoughts to the relevant team.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts