Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Did anyone else’s discover weekly playlist reset to what it was the previous week

Solved!

Did anyone else’s discover weekly playlist reset to what it was the previous week

Plan

Premium

Country

New Zealand 

Device

I Pad 5th gen 

Operating System

iOS 13.6.1

My Question or Issue

I was listening to my discover weekly playlist and I noticed a song from last week and then I checked the playlist and it’s identical to the playlist from last week and I checked my albums section and all the new songs I liked from this week’s discover weekly playlist have disappeared from my library 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there everyone, 

Thanks for posting on the Community about this.

We've checked about this with the relevant team and the Discover Weekly playlist should now be updated. Let us know if you can see the changes or not. 

If you can't see your new tracks, make sure to log out and log back in to your Spotify account to refresh your account data. In case this doesn't do the trick, let us know and we'll investigate further. 

Keep us posted! 

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Same problem...

Yep, same here. I was listening a new Discover Weekly playlist for an hour and then suddenly started to hear old tracks from last week. Now all I can see is the playlist from last week, on the desktop app + mobile + browser, and no help from logging out/in.

Same here too (UK). Deffo something up...

Same here !

Operating System

Mac

Was excited to check out my discover weekly today but no update? Is there a reason for that that I’ve missed

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZEVXcFS64Z1qsnqq?si=IHFeh5h6Q9uJ1upIOtzjDA

Me too! Netherlands, 10.12 AM here, still no new list

same problem . user from Russia

Same problem,Turkey

Yes I also had this problem (USA) & started a post in another section; heard from two people, one in Hong Kong and one in Finland, who said their discover weeklies reverted back to the old one literally while they were listening to it. Whatever this is it is: 1: not our fault, 2: not fixable by conventional means, and 3: extremely widespread. 

Same problem in Poland

Same here, Italy.

Plan

Premium For Students

Country

U.S.A

Device

iPhone XS Max

Operating System

iOS 13.4.1

App Version

My Question or Issue

My discover weekly playlist is not updating. I have attempted an app restart, then logging out and logging back in and also a re-install.

Same here, earlier today I had the updated one but it switched back to the previous week one.

Same problem in France

Same here. Mine didnt update since the 20th of July actually. Already followed all the fixes suggested, but nothing helped.
Marked as solution

Hey there everyone, 

Thanks for posting on the Community about this.

We've checked about this with the relevant team and the Discover Weekly playlist should now be updated. Let us know if you can see the changes or not. 

If you can't see your new tracks, make sure to log out and log back in to your Spotify account to refresh your account data. In case this doesn't do the trick, let us know and we'll investigate further. 

Keep us posted! 

Suggested posts