Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Different number of songs on computer and phone

Different number of songs on computer and phone

Different number of songs on computer and phone.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone XR and HP computer

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

On one of my playlists, my phone says that there is one amount of songs but my computer says that there is a different amount of songs on that playlist. It's the same playlist just on a different device so why is it that there is a different number of songs? And how do I fix it?

6 Replies

Hey there @Emma-Grace,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly shed some light on the situation.

We suggest that you log out and back in to your account on both devices. This way you can make sure that your music library is properly synced. 

If that doesn't fix things, it would help if you could post some screenshots of the name of the playlist and the missing songs on both devices.You can use the Insert Photos option in the post editor to do this.

Tip: Make sure the screenshot doesn’t show any sensitive info such as payment or personal data.

You can also include the playlist URI in your response so we can check how it looks on our end. Here's how you find the URI.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Have a great day!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This solution doesn't work for me.  After logging out and in, I have 2,800 liked songs on my phone and 3,200 on the computer (roughly).

Hey there @Obadobo

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Would you mind letting us know if this is happening with a specific playlist you created?

Additionally, could you send us some screenshots of the name of the playlist and the missing songs on both devices?

We suggest that you include its URI, so we can check how it looks on our end. To get it, open the Spotify desktop app > click the three dots next to the content > Share > Copy Spotify URI.

We'll be waiting for your reply. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have solved it by uninstalling and reinstalling the app from my phone

Hi @Obadobo

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help. 

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Brilliant! I had the same issue and this worked for me too. Thanks.

Suggested posts