Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Different version of a song appeared in my best of 2020 playlist

Solved!

Different version of a song appeared in my best of 2020 playlist

I listened to Pieces of Me a lot in 2020. But in the 2020 review playlist, the one I had hearted (the one from the album) did not appear there, but the single version. So are both of them being counted as the same song? Because I definitely always listened to the one I had hearted, not the other one.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Wurmmann,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

The album with the one extra songs is the one that appears on Ashlee Simpson's artist profile and that's probably why that song is in the Wrapped playlist. The other linked album is still available on the platform but doesn't directly appear on the profile. This is all up to the rights holders and the record label.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi @Wurmmann,

Thank you for posting on the Community. 

Your yearly Wrapped playlist should reflect the same songs you've listened to throughout the year and differentiate single version from album versions.

In order to investigate this, please send us the URL of Your Top Songs 2020 playlist, this way we can review the content and assist you with it. 

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1EM0PpSdbimJUg?si=-ggLP5aXTlm-uR3Tc4gAYg&utm_source=copy-l...

Actually, both are album versions. It seems like the album got uploaded twice. 

Album with the song I hearted and listened to: https://open.spotify.com/album/0w11HUk0hE4WZ95Bvp6vNI?si=iapyEW6lT0yLXDte0Yj5iQ&utm_source=copy-link

Album with the song I never listened to, but appeared in the playlist: https://open.spotify.com/album/3j4pi8VHQLEA86zO34pqC5?si=mQffErGpRrKlwJ-q7v2ZCQ&utm_source=copy-link

Hey @Wurmmann,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Sometimes when a track is taken down from the platform and re-uploaded it returns with different metadata. That's why it appears as a new song.

This could happen due to different factors, for example licensing issues.

Hope this sheds some light on the matter. The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I see. But why did a song with different metadata appear in my Wrapped then? Why not the one I listened to all the time? Both are still available on Spotify.

Marked as solution

Hi @Wurmmann,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

The album with the one extra songs is the one that appears on Ashlee Simpson's artist profile and that's probably why that song is in the Wrapped playlist. The other linked album is still available on the platform but doesn't directly appear on the profile. This is all up to the rights holders and the record label.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts