Difficult to get a good overview of favorited Songs

Plan

Premium

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 7 64Bit

My Question or Issue

I don't know if that is an issue of Spotify or if the artists are abusing the fact, that the same songs are getting released in different Albums. When I go to an Artist where I definitely have saved some songs as favorites, more than often I will see that those songs don't have the marked "heart"-sign, even though I have favorited them.

Here is how I replicate that issue in my case...

1. Look up for "Dr. Dre" and his Song "Still D.R.E."
  2. See that the "Heart" is not marked
  3. Go to my "Favorited Songs" and see that this song is already favorited by me
  4. Go back to the main page of the Artist "Dr. Dre" and mark it with a heart to favorit it
  5. Go back to my "Favorited Songs" and see a second entry of the same song but within a different Album - (So to fully replicate that scenario for yourself, you would need to favorite each of the same song from each Album, to get two entries of the same song)
  6. The same goes for a bunch of other songs in this Example with "Dr. Dre", which I have favorited. None of them are actually marked with a "Heart"-Sign on "Dr. Dre."'s Artist Page, since I assume that they are all from another older Album (see the imgur link for screenshots). And this is happening with a lot of Artists, which makes the favorite feature very unbearable.

For me this is quite annoying, cause whenever I go back to an Artist which I didn't hear for some time, I always have to check back and forth, wether I really have favorited some of his/her songs already or not. My assumption is that, because these Artist's are releasing the same songs over and over in different Albums or Features you do have the Song favorited of the old Album but not of the new Album and therefor you would see the same song not marked as favorited. I think its messed up and I would suggest that your Team tries to find a way to get a link inbetween obviously the same songs, no matter if they are from different Albums. If that is really the reason of this issue. So my expectation would be ... no matter which of them Iam putting in my favorites, all of them will be marked with the "Heart"-Sign and only one entry will be in the list of my favorites.

Otherwise if I don't see anymore directly, which Songs I have favorited and which not, without always going back and forth to my favorite List, then why should I even start to use this favorite feature at all... it makes this feature quite needless at this point.

Here is a Link to the screenshots, where I replicated the described case above.

https://imgur.com/a/YTka210

2 Replies

this reply can be deleted - the original thread is still relevant for me though

This has been an issue for years 

Suggested posts