Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Doesn't give me 30 minutes of ad-free music anymore

Doesn't give me 30 minutes of ad-free music anymore

I feel like I’m being tormented with adverts to purchase Premium. Sometimes I watch 3 advertisements and I do not get 30 minutes of ad free music. Then 1 or 2 songs play and then the same advertisements again! I would not mind the advertisements if I did get the promised 30 minutes

38 Replies

Hi @Ja2022,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We're sorry to head about these issues you've been presenting with the ads. There are some things we can check here to help you out.

To start, it's worth noting that in order to get the 30 min ad-free, you need to keep the video ad in focus, not navigate to another app, browser, etc.

Also, please make sure that you're not accidentally clicking the "No, thanks" button when prompted to watch the ad.

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm getting 3-5 ads after every 2 songs. Doesn't matter what playlist I'm in after every 2 songs there is an ad break. I close the app out and go back into it but it's the same thing. I also don't get the 30 min ad break anymore. It's kind of really annoying especially when driving because I just want to listen to music but with the ads after pretty much every single song I just don't want to listen anymore. Please help me. I love Spotify but this ad situation is driving me insane. 

I agree, i'm getting ads after every 2 songs and those ads are longer than the songs i've listened to lol. Never get 30 minute ad breaks anymore either. Spotify is just pushing their premium service and it's pretty scummy, they already make enough money but they just like to torture us because they can

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your reports and feedback on this.

In order to investigate this further can you let us know the following:

• Are the ads visual+audio or audio only?
  • Are you getting ad breaks every 2-3 songs only on your mobile or does it happen on other devices, like your PC?
  • Do you keep the video ad in focus, without navigating away from the app or closing it? Doing this may cause more ads to appear.

Looking forward to your replies.

AlexModerator

same here. i sometimes watch ads back to back after it says “watch this ad for 30 minutes of uninterrupted listening” and after the song i’m listening to is done, boom there’s another ad. i read that it was a bug but the article was published in 2021 so i’m not sure if it’s relevant now. 

Hi there @lizzfizz0711,

Thanks for the post.

If you provide us with the info I've requested in my previous post, we can investigate this further 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator

• Are the ads visual+audio or audio only? visual+audio
  • Are you getting ad breaks every 2-3 songs only on your mobile or does it happen on other devices, like your PC? I strictly use the app on my phone (Android)
  • Do you keep the video ad in focus, without navigating away from the app or closing it? Doing this may cause more ads to appear. I do not navigate away from the app and my screen stays lit the whole time

Its BS it doesnt work what you are saying and this post i a year old and spotify still do that. spotify is the worse that could happen to the music industry.

bffr.

fr tho. it told me i'll get 30 mins, played a song, then ads again

The ads are Visual and play the sound, The ads play every 2 songs religiously. I have tried a few things to see if it would stop or even make a small change but even when I watch and listen to them without looking at anything else or another apps its still 3 ads after 2 songs. On Mobile App. 

Hi there @BrickFlash,

Thanks for the post.

Do you get multiple ads after a couple of songs on other devices too?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

The ads are audio only. I have this issue on both mobile and pc but its much worse on mobile. It happens if im in the spotify app and when my phone is off listening to music

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies.

We've forwarded this to the relevant team for further review, however we can't confirm when it will be addressed. In the meantime, please make sure your app is always up-to-date.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

• Are the ads visual+audio or audio only? Ads are audio + a poster image.
  • Are you getting ad breaks every 2-3 songs only on your mobile or does it happen on other devices, like your PC? Only on my mobile.
  • Do you keep the video ad in focus, without navigating away from the app or closing it? Doing this may cause more ads to appear. I switch on spotify, play the music and then my phone screen switches off after 2 mins. IOS by the way.

Hi there @ViraajTheG,

Thanks for the info you've submitted.

We've reported this behavior to the relevant team at Spotify, however we can't confirm when it will be addressed. In the meantime, please make sure your app is always up-to-date.

We do recommend keeping your screen on while a video ad is playing.

Take care. 

AlexModerator

i’m still getting ads every song

Still happening a year later. Happens on all devices even if you keep audio and visual open at full volume. Ads every 6 minutes on average. If it’s slightly more than 6 minutes it often goes to x3 30 second Ads.

I’ve been a longtime premium Spotify user probably paid about a grand into it over the past decade in subscription fees.

currently out of work and had to switch to free and was astounded by this. Was going to go back to premium when I got work but considering alternatives at this point out of principle.

This is happening to me too! I used to use spotify to fall asleep by turning my sleep timer on 30 minutes, starting up a Playlist of soothing music, watch an ad that promises 30 minutes ad-free, then slowly drift to sleep while listening. However, now I'll attempt to do the same, but after the first song or 2, I'm jolted awake by a loud af ad! That wasn't 30 minutes! You're not keeping your word spotify! I'm getting really upset because I really enjoyed your ap, but if these ads keep playing like this, I'm not going to use it anymore & uninstall. I used exclusively on my Samsung phone. Never navigate away while ad is playing, & it's still an issue! App is up to date...fix this!

Suggested posts