Country

Australia

Device

(iPhone 12 Pro Max)

Operating System

(iOS 14.4.2)

My Question or Issue

Hi all!

I was just wondering how would I download specific songs from an album to appear in my library? Currently I just add songs to my 'liked songs' playlist and have that download, but I'd like to have the entire list of albums in my library so it's easier to find. 

I know it used to be a feature to download specific songs, so am I just dumb and can't find it now?

Thanks!

7 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

Currently there is no option to download specific songs. As a workaround you can add the songs to a playlist and then download it.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us as we always strive to improve our app and the experience with it. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right team.

We'll be right here if you have any further questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I just joined spotify on premium trial and was really disappointed this can't be done.  I can see it used to be possible from searching older posts.  I just purchased some AirPods that come with a 6 month trial of Apple Music, this lets me add a single song from an album no problem and I can see album with the single song in my library.  Managing loads of playlists for this doesn't make sense to me? 

Is there any chance of this being added back in?

Hi @happpyg,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

We don't have immediate plans to implement this feature. However, we recommend searching in our Ideas board to see if someone else has already suggested that so you can add your vote.

If there aren't any ideas about it, you can add your own so others can then vote for it or add to the conversation to show their support. You can find the steps to submit a new idea in this article.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It is completely ridiculous that you cannot add/remove specific songs from albums to your music library. 

The 'add them to a playlist and then download the playlist' suggestion is massively un-practical as you have to add 1 song at a time, without the option to add multiple songs at once. I also want to view my music library via artists/albums etc, and not have to search through a playlist. 

Apple Music and Amazon Music have this very obvious and simple option of adding/removing individual/multiple songs from an album at once. 

I started the Spotify Premium trial today, and am already 99% sure that I will not be going any further. 

Hi there @aemossy,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi there! Could you briefly explain why this fundamental feature is not supported on Spotify, despite the numerous suggestions made by the users over the past 7 years. Is there a reason that prevents this feature from being implemented to the app? Thanks in advance.

I’d also like to know. It’s been years and years of people suggesting this feature and absolutely zero response from anyone at Spotify as far as I can tell. Really frustrating to just be blatantly ignored on a simple question from a company raking in monthly subscription fees from its users. 

Suggested posts