Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Your Library

Get help with Your Library on all devices.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Your Sound Capsule: Following your listening stats

You probably already know Spotify launches every year, Spotify Wrapped, which is a rewind of your listening stats. It presents each user their listening stats for that year, including the most listened-to artists and songs, for example. It's really l...

IMG_6759.jpg IMG_6760.jpg IMG_6761.jpg IMG_6764.jpg
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Not applicable
  • 68 replies
  • 71 likes
  • 68 replies
  • 71 likes

Watch and Listen: Introducing music videos on Spotify

Spotify knows that the listening experience is a way to connect artists with fans on many levels. But what if we could enhance these connections with a different perspective? With this in mind, Spotify is introducing a new and powerful way to listen ...

IMG_6446.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • JanneJeremias
  • Casual Listener
  • 85 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 85 replies
  • 34 likes

Spotify Takes Listening With Friends to Another Level with Jam

Spotify is introducing a more fun, intuitive, and collaborative social listening experience with Jam. Whether you’re together or apart, joining a Jam with your loved ones is now simpler than ever by tapping phones, scanning a QR code, or sharing a li...

Community Blog Post.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Kenny142
  • Visitor
  • 63 replies
  • 49 likes
  • Connect
    JAM
  • 63 replies
  • 49 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Playlists] Playlist folders

I have A LOT of playlists for different things, and the lists will only keep growing but it's getting hard to manage and takes up a lot of space in my sidebar. So honestly having the ability to put playlists into folders of playlists that are for sim...

• I have A LOT of playlists for different things, and the lists will only keep growing but it's getting hard to manage and takes up a lot of space in my sidebar. So honestly having the ability to put p...
  • AlejaR
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Publicly collaborative playlist

PlanPremium DeviceMacbook Pro 2021 Hello, I wanted to create a public playlist on Spotify that shows up on my profile, and when people see it on my profile they're able to collab and add songs to it so it's just a mass collab. I know I could do this ...

•   Plan Premium   Device Macbook Pro 2021   Hello, I wanted to create a public playlist on Spotify that shows up on my profile, and when people see it on my profile they're a...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Queued music jumps through list missing between 3 to 10 songs when not on shuffle

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local Files Won't Sync to Phone

I have Windows 10 and an iPhone 8 Plus. I'm trying to finally completely cut the cord with iTunes but I'm having major difficulties syncing the local files that aren't available on Spotify to my phone. I feel like I've been through every tutorial on ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Windows 10 and an iPhone 8 Plus.    I'm trying to finally completely cut the cord with iTunes but I'm having major difficulties syncing the local files that aren't available on Spo...
  • awesg
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Moving track to the top of playlist

PlanPremiumCountryCzech RepublicDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 Hi,for what reason is it not possible to move a track to the top of the playlist?I mean the action where I hold down a track and move it to the top of the screen and the other tracks ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Czech Republic Device PC Operating System Windows 10   Hi, for what reason is it not possible to move a track to the top of the playlist?I mean the action where I ...
  • AlejaR
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't sort library by custom order?

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceXiaomi mi a2 liteOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or Issue Hey, simple question but I'm having a hard time with this. In the past while using the app I could just tap on my library and have things automaticaly sorte...

• Plan Premium Country Italy Device Xiaomi mi a2 lite Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue   Hey, simple question but I'm having a hard time with this. In the past wh...
  • Luca5
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Random songs recommended for my playlist??

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceAll DevicesOperating SystemAll OS My Question or Issue I recently noticed that I have had random indian/punjabi/hindi music recommended for my spotify playlist, however I do not listen to any of the songs nor do I have any ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country UK   Device All Devices Operating System All OS   My Question or Issue   I recently noticed that I have had random indian/punjabi/hindi music r...
  • monthesheep
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • random songs
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Web player queue has vanished

I have been using the Spotify Web Player successfully in Edge for over 6 months, I changed to Edge after having constant issue in Chrome with songs stopping after 6 seconds, but Edge was rock solid...... Until today!Now my queue works in that it shuf...

QuaiTex_0-1659086553592.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I have been using the Spotify Web Player successfully in Edge for over 6 months, I changed to Edge after having constant issue in Chrome with songs stopping after 6 seconds, but Edge was rock solid.....
  • QuaiTex
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Edge
    queue
    Web Player
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t stream local file to third-party device

PlanPremiumCountryUK Device(iPhone)Operating System(iOS 15.) My Question or IssueI have some local files which I want to import onto my phone to play within Spotify. I’ve managed them to upload them to my desktop Mac, added them to a playlist and syn...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK   Device (iPhone) Operating System (iOS 15.)   My Question or Issue I have some local files which I want to import onto my phone to play within Spotify. I...
  • nmincone
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs cut short

I joined premium and my main playlist is only playing about 10 seconds of each song

• Visitor
  • I joined premium and my main playlist is only playing about 10 seconds of each song
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution How can I work around the 10,000 song Library limit.

(Premium plan) Recently, I tried to add a song to my collection only to see the error message "Epic Collection Friend, Your library is all filed up". Some searching showed me that there is a Library (and Playlist) limit of 10,000 songs. (I'm at 9200 ...

• Visitor
  • (Premium plan)   Recently, I tried to add a song to my collection only to see the error message "Epic Collection Friend, Your library is all filed up".   Some searching showed me that t...
  • shaun_n
  • Casual Listener
  • 17 replies
  • 5 likes
  • library full
  • 17 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist items is missing after reopening app that not used for few days

Hi, I think I found a bug. If Spotify app on mobile wasn't used for few days, and then re-opened some playlist items will be missing. Steps to reproduce:1. Look for ASOT 1065 (or any other playlist with lots of tracks).2. Listen it for some time. 3. ...

• Regular
  • Hi,    I think I found a bug.  If Spotify app on mobile wasn't used for few days, and then re-opened some playlist items will be missing.    Steps to reproduce: 1. Look...
  • rndm2
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution grey songs in my queue

Plan: PremiumCountry: USA Device: iPhone 11 (iOS 15) Recently, there has been grey songs in my queue when i press shuffle. If i look through my liked songs and press on the song individually, it plays with no problem. There's also songs that are grey...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA    Device: iPhone 11 (iOS 15)   Recently, there has been grey songs in my queue when i press shuffle. If i look through my liked songs and pre...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution New pisodes folder - how te delete podcast

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 6SOperating SystemiOS 15.2 My Question or IssueOnce in a while the free podcast(s) I listen to have a to-be-paid-for episode. For these episodes the menu choice 'mark as played' (or just a new one 'remove') is not avai...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone 6S Operating System iOS 15.2   My Question or Issue Once in a while the free podcast(s) I listen to have a to-be-paid-for episode. For these e...
  • OscarDC
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Random music plays, premium acct

Whenever I click a playlist or radio station spotify plays one song and then begins playing random music instead of my preference. I noticed it last night for the first time and it's still going on as of now. I'm a premium subscriber. Can someone hel...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I click a playlist or radio station spotify plays one song and then begins playing random music instead of my preference.  I noticed it last night for the first time and it's still goin...
  • hoppeellie
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded songs won't play when offline

I have some playlists that say they are downloaded that won't play while others will. How do I fix this?!

• Visitor
  • I have some playlists that say they are downloaded that won't play while others will. How do I fix this?! 
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution User Created Playlists Error Message

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone Operating SystemiOS 15.6 My Question or IssueI'm an employee who is having an issue where my personal playlist's are not showing up on my mobile device. Every time I go to open & play one of my 100+ personal playlists,...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone  Operating System iOS 15.6   My Question or Issue I'm an employee who is having an issue where my personal playlist's are not showing up ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't get local files to add songs anymore?

PlanPremiumCountryUsaDeviceSamsung S21+ and MacsOperating SystemOne Ui 4.1, OSX My Question or IssueI've had a local folder for years on Mac with mp3s. Now I went to add some more and it won't pick them up, only the original files in that folder. I c...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium Country Usa Device Samsung S21+ and Macs Operating System One Ui 4.1, OSX   My Question or Issue I've had a local folder for years on Mac with mp3s. Now I went to ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Não consigo baixar as músicas depois de formatar o aparelho celular

Formatei meu celular e não consigo mais baixar as minhas músicas. Spotify PremiumMoto g9 plus.

• Visitor
  • Formatei meu celular e não consigo mais baixar as minhas músicas.   Spotify Premium Moto g9 plus.
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist Transfer

I've been using anghami for 5 years and I finally decided to move to spotify. I got a premium account and wanted to transfer my playlists from anghami to spotify. All I could find is a website called (link removed) to transfer them. But is this websi...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been using anghami for 5 years and I finally decided to move to spotify. I got a premium account and wanted to transfer my playlists from anghami to spotify. All I could find is a website called...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes