Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded songs not deleted from phone memory

Downloaded songs not deleted from phone memory

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

My phone was at almost 100% of 65 GB of internal storage space. Spotify was the culprit, so I figured deleting old albums I never listen to would help. I deleted at least 30 full albums. It did not remove ANY used space. And my library isn't even that big to begin with. 

What can I do to free up that space on my phone? I feel that once they're deleted, than that storage space should be available. Or am I wrong? Downloading something, then deleting it, that used space in storage remains used even though it's not there. That seems to make logical sense. 

2 Replies

Hey there @CaliOreIdaho,

thanks for posting !

Like any other device, downloading takes space and deleting or removing the content frees space.

I suggest checking out this help page on storage for further info.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

"Like any other device, downloading takes space and deleting or removing the content frees space."

Correct, deleting or removing content frees up space, or it should. However, upon deleting/removing over 30 albums, in this case it did not. 

"I suggest checking out this help page on storage for further info."

Following this link, when I go to settings from my home screen, I do not have an 'other' option to select to get to storage. It simply takes me to the entire Settings menu, and I have no option of where I want to store my downloads.

It appears the only option I have available at this point, to free up space on my internal storage of my phone, is to delete data which will delete all of my downloaded music. Which defeats the purpose of being able to listen offline, which I do regularly. 

Suggested posts