Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

“Enhanced” won’t stay off when I leave my liked playlist

“Enhanced” won’t stay off when I leave my liked playlist

Hello,

So I wanted to listen to my liked songs during a flight, so I downloaded them all so I could be offline. The problem is that when I go offline, it tells me to turn off “enhanced” since it won’t work offline, so I do, but every time I exit the liked songs playlist, it’s on by default. I’ve read in other chats that “enhanced” is not supposed to be on by default on any playlist, but that doesn’t seem to be the case here. It’s frustrating because the only way I can listen to my liked songs is if I turn off enhanced while online, put it in airplane mode, and keep it open. If I exit and try to go back in it tells me I need to turn enhanced off. I tried updating the app and it still does the same thing. Help, please. I have a long flight a month from now and I’d love it if I could listen to music. 

4 Replies

Hey @mitchellmg101,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We moved your post from Chats to the help boards as its content fits better here.

You're right, the Enhance button is not supposed to be on by default. This type of issue is commonly related to some damaged cache stored on your device. In this case, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it's more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

If the issue persists, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

You probably already had this resolved by OscarDC's comments. I had the same issue and got seriously frustrated to the point I contacted Spotify Support. Here was the instructions I received and it fixed that issue along with another issue that preventing me from queuing songs by swiping right on a enhanced playlist. 

Steps to fix

The issue could be in the app CACHE itself, we will need to proceed with one more troubleshooting step.
It's a clean reinstall of the app with the following steps.

All your playlists including your Liked Songs list will remain intact, even if you do a clean reinstall. They're simply linked to your Spotify account in the system.

You'll just need to redownload the ones, that were downloaded for offline listening before.

Here are the steps, please follow each step carefully:

iOS devices:

1. Open Spotify. In the app's settings (you can access them by going to Home and then tapping the gear icon in the top right corner), tap Storage then Delete Cache.

2. Head to your device's Settings, then tap General.

3. Tap iPhone Storage.

4. Select Spotify from the list of apps.

5. Tap Offload the app and confirm. This will delete the app but its documents data will be kept.

6. Then tap Delete App and confirm. This action should delete any leftover documents and data.

7. Once the app is deleted, press and hold the Side/Top button and either volume button until the power off slider appears.

8. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.

9. After your device turns off, wait a couple of minutes.

10. Press and hold the Top (or Side) button again until the display turns on.

11. Switch your device back on and install Spotify from the App Store.

I have the same exact problem and they aren’t doing anything about it!!!

thank you!!! this worked 

Suggested posts