Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Excluding certain artists from appearing in new releases (Bell) menu

Excluding certain artists from appearing in new releases (Bell) menu

Hello,

I would like to be able to exclude certain artists from appearing in the new releases (Bell) menu on mobile (Android).

I recently started following some popular classical music artists like Beethoven, Chopin and Mozart and they have many releases every week or even day and they started flooding my new releases menu, making it hard to notice new releases from non-classical artists. That's why I would like to exclude the classical artists releases. Is there a way to do it?

3 Replies

I do not think there is a way as your new releases tab(if you are talking about that and not the made for you playlist) is more like a feed. That means if you follow an artist it posts their new releases as updates for followers, so other than unfollowing the artists there is (as of now) no other way to not see the new releases there. You can post an idea or vote if an existing one is here.

Throw a like my way or choose this as a solution if I helped!

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Ah, I see. Thank you. Yup, I meant the new releases tab. I think it would be great to at the same time have the classical artists in my library (to easily get access to them) yet have their new releases not appear (not to flood my feed). I wonder about suggesting an idea. To be honest I found a similar idea while searching, but it garnered, like, only 9 votes within a year and the topic got deactivated, so I doubt it will get much votes. Yet I thought I'll try to make a topic here and maybe there's some way to solve this. I guess I'll either unfollow the artists or will search through my feed more.

Hi there @Redo_,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

This feature is actually implemented! You just need to click on the ban icon and click on the artist. 

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts