Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Go to song in playlist

Solved!

Go to song in playlist

Plan Premium

Country USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android

Spotify version 8.6.82.1113

My Question or Issue

I don't know if I use Spotify differently than others or how it was designed to be used, but I like to find playlists of songs I want to listen to and throw them into my own play list. I don't really follow other artists or their playlists, just add to my own. So I have play lists that are really large. Probably the largest being 99 hours of music. So, when I'm randomly listening to songs in there, and I don't like one and want to remove it from the PLAYLIST, not necessarily the NOW PLAYING list, it's VERY hard to find that song in the play list. It would be nice if I could go to the song I'm playing but in the play list I used to populate the now playing list and remove it from play list. The problem is I can scroll through the giant play list and look for the one highlighted green and after minutes of scrolling, never find it. I could easily miss it as I scroll, plus it takes forever.  

So, am I using Spotify wrong, or is this a totally valuable feature request? I don't know why this is not listed in the community already. I have reasons why I organize my music the way I do and have little intention of changing it unless someone can explain a good reason.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

"If the song is currently playing, on Android, on the Now Playing screen, you can tap the name of the playlist at the top of the screen, and you'll get taken to the playlist, and it'll scroll down to the song that is currently playing, and select it."

That's a satisfactory answer! Thanks!

View solution in original post

33 Replies

Hey there @Coolbair

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

You can also consider adding your +VOTE to this idea, if this is something you'd like to see implemented in the future. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea.

Check out this Spotify Answer to learn more about it.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp
Marked as solution

"If the song is currently playing, on Android, on the Now Playing screen, you can tap the name of the playlist at the top of the screen, and you'll get taken to the playlist, and it'll scroll down to the song that is currently playing, and select it."

That's a satisfactory answer! Thanks!

This does not answer to the question how to jump to song that is playing. It only open the list but does not Jump to the song.!

On huge playlist scrolling doesn't work!

Sorry, but you're talking crab!

It doesn't scroll down! You have to scroll manually 

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Other users think that this would be a nie feature to be implemented and have prepared this idea submission. If you want to support it, you can leave your vote. If the support is big enough, our team will review the submission and relay it to the team responsible for implementing it for further review.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

This does not work for me I open my now playing and tap on the playlist title and it just brings be to the top of the play list I do have Spotify enhanced playlist on and I want to add recommendations but I can't find the song to tap the plus to add it

It worked for me clicking on the image in the web browser on my macbook pro M2 and my intel macbook pro (haven't checked my surface yet).  If I click on the song name, it takes me to the song on the album.  If I click on the band name it takes me to the album, and when I click on the image it zooms the currently playing song. 

As far as the android app goes, it's hosed.  There is no way I've figured out to navigate to the currently playing song.  If it exists it's so unintuitive that the average person can't do it.  I'm just a stupid senior software engineer who obviously knows nothing about software, but it would be pretty awesome for them to add a long press on the image of the currently playing song to navigate you to the currently playing song on the playlist (I tried this with no action happing) or add a "jump to current song" option to the hamburger menu.  

Yeah, it sucks, and I'm sorry I am not in the position to advise or fire the product owner who refuses to make this a priority for the next sprint, because I'm pretty sure it would be a less than 2 day item for even a junior engineer.  It's been 2 years since this was posted and it's been over 20 since I've been a spotify member (yes, I had an early VPN connection so I could use the British version  in America that came out in the early 2000s) but apparently they have more important tasks for their engineers.  I'm not sure this has ever worked on the android app and I doubt it works on the iPhone app, but I'm pretty happy they fixed it in the browser since it's been bugging the #*@% out of me for a very long time.  I'll happily fix it for them on both Android and the iPhone for the right price.

My playlist has over 500 songs so I feel your pain.

You might want to try to load a browser that lets you go Desktop mode that spotify can't properly detect like the Dolphin browser and that one might give you the option to jump to the currently playing song.  Hopefully they'll fix this soon and I hope it doesn't involve firing a product owner and a project manager to make it happen.

Spotify stopped jumping to the track that's playing in the playlist. It used to, but it doesn't anymore. Now you have to scroll through hundreds of songs to find the one you want to remove. Please bring it back

I am using Android. I wonder when this issue will be resolved. When I press the list name above the playing song, there is a ten percent chance that the song will be found in the list and opened. In the remaining probability, it opens at the top of the list. A small problem but annoying.

The solution is broken on android. Please bring it back!

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we'd like to add some insights. So, keep in mind it’s expected behavior that this doesn’t work with songs that are manually added to the queue, since those are not part either of the playlist or the order established on it.

On another note, take into account it's also expected not to work when the Autoplay is enabled. Remember that when you reach the end of an album, playlist, or selection of songs, Spotify automatically plays similar songs if Autoplay is enabled. Those songs are generated by the system, randomized, so they are not actually visible on any playlist you've saved or created . By clicking the name, it'll lead you to the album/playlist the Autoplay is based on, but not to the actual generated playlist that's playing.

Now, if you noticed this behavior, make sure it’s not an Autoplay generated playlist or songs you manually added to your queues. If this is not your case, it'd be really helpful if you send us a video recording of the mentioned behavior. You can attach the videos in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload them to YouTube or Google Drive and make them public, so we can visualize them.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else.

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks,
I did not know that it did not work with autoplay. I turned it off and now
it works again
Thanks
Pierre

works on desktop (mac)! by clicking on the song artwork in the bottom left corner!

Dude! You totally made my day, week, month, year! Thanks.

Click the image and it's the equivalent of Command L in itunes on my old mac laptop. Takes you to the song! How nice. How basic a necessity! There's no way to do this on iphone, though.

What's really amazing is that I've been looking for this function in forums for a year and Spotify moderators say, in essence - "Why would you want to do such a silly thing?"

Thanks again!!!

A lifesaver! Too bad there's no way to do this on an iphone!

real life saver! actually help me a lot

I remember this was working on the desktop version and clicking the bottom-left image would jump to the song in playlist. However, I noticed today it's no longer the case. It would only toggle the right panel to be visible/hidden.

Thank you. This is very helpful for desktop use. In my case it DOES work!
But is there a way to do this on a phone? In my case an iphone?

so how do you do this on a pc?

Suggested posts